Customer Service 866.965.0400

05 Avalon question

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

Any reason a 2005 Toyota Avalon wouldn't have clear coat on the front bumper?

Last night I started polishing a black 2005 Avalon using the 4" pads on the PC. After doing the first section on the front bumper I went to spritz with DS for the next section and the pad was black. I finished the bumper then got another set of pads to do other small areas and the rest of the car has clear coat.

Pics later today.

11 answers to this question

Len,

Look along the lines of the car...in the front clip...I mean like in between the hood and front bumper, fenders, etc.

A crappy, repair paint job usually shows its ugly face in the hidden spots vs factory paint.

Len,

Look along the lines of the car...in the front clip...I mean like in between the hood and front bumper, fenders, etc.

A crappy, repair paint job usually shows its ugly face in the hidden spots vs factory paint.

Mook, the rear bumper is the same way. I found no evidence of overspray and no difference in color.

If it was a repair, the bumpers were painted off the car.

I'm gonna ask the owner when I call her later.

Any need to tell the owner?

Mook, the rear bumper is the same way. I found no evidence of overspray and no difference in color.

If it was a repair, the bumpers were painted off the car.

I'm gonna ask the owner when I call her later.

Any need to tell the owner?

doesn't hurt to ask. paint on the bumpers should be the same as the rest of the car, except with flex agents in the paint sprayed to prevent spider webs. i've never heard of a car with a top coat on the metal and single stage on the bumpers, seems like a loss in profits to have 2 different types of paint... and you know toyota is all about profits ;)

could be a problem with the way they painted it from the factory. The few Toyota's I have seen while working on them usually have a fading or peeling on the urethane bumpers anyway! I would say its most likely a failure of clear coat.

Def let the owner know whats going on with the car to ensure they don't blame you for a problem with the car!

could be a problem with the way they painted it from the factory. The few Toyota's I have seen while working on them usually have a fading or peeling on the urethane bumpers anyway! I would say its most likely a failure of clear coat.

Def let the owner know whats going on with the car to ensure they don't blame you for a problem with the car!

I let her know when I talked to her about picking the car up. She bought it used (18months old) from the original owner. She said the car has had no paint work since she's had it.

Not sure which toy models, but some of them didn't have clear coat at all.:willy:

This is just the front and back bumper. The rest has clear coat.

Archived