Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reapplying Wax ?

xkwj43z

Question

Okay so you have finished correcting your paint and apply one coat of americana and wait about 2 months to appy americana again. What steps should be done when applying wax again? Do you strip the old wax off, should I Clay Bar? Any help thanks

16 answers to this question

EWWWWWWWW

They really don't want to make the Impala good again. I went to read up on it after I posted last. GM could have done better here.

Let's HOPE the Caprice comes out then. I know there are a few PD around with them already.

It's called the Impala. At least so I hear.

You wanna get rid of yours? hmmmmm.....

Nope! Have you seen the new Impala?

2014 Chevrolet Impala is a full-size improvement [w/video]

Mine is leased through Enterprise which means it'll go to an auction and be auctioned off... It's actually paid for now. I only have 37,000 miles on it. 98% of them are highway miles back and forth to work too. :thumbsup:

Nope, I've owned white and I'll own one again... :)

If it doesn't get corrected... Oh darn! It'll be a company car like the G8 is.

I can actually get rid of the G8 right now, but other than a Mustang, there's nothing I want... I'd like 4 doors... I'm hoping the rumors about a Chevy version of the Commodore are true! :xfingers:

It's called the Impala. At least so I hear.

You wanna get rid of yours? hmmmmm.....

I would rather have black all day man. Silverstone Metallic is a sexy color, but unless you stare at it like Willam from Mallrats, seeing the swirls and whatnots is a real bear!

Getting my paint to be where it is now, almost perfect, save for the deep scratch on the pass. side rear door, and a couple minor door dimples, took me (and in spots, JD) a LONG TIME. :cheers:

Nope, I've owned white and I'll own one again... :)

If it doesn't get corrected... Oh darn! It'll be a company car like the G8 is.

I can actually get rid of the G8 right now, but other than a Mustang, there's nothing I want... I'd like 4 doors... I'm hoping the rumors about a Chevy version of the Commodore are true! :xfingers:

My next car is silver or white! FOR SURE!!! :(:o:o

I would rather have black all day man. Silverstone Metallic is a sexy color, but unless you stare at it like Willam from Mallrats, seeing the swirls and whatnots is a real bear!

Getting my paint to be where it is now, almost perfect, save for the deep scratch on the pass. side rear door, and a couple minor door dimples, took me (and in spots, JD) a LONG TIME. :cheers:

2 months is a pretty short window, the paint couldn't be that contaminated by now unless you got hit with overspray or something.

Or work next to a concrete plant... :hi::help:

lol

Chris

Agreed... unless you really want to go all out, or theres paint issues that are bothering you I'd say go with a good 2 bucket wash and a fresh coat of wax for now. 2 months is a pretty short window, the paint couldn't be that contaminated by now unless you got hit with overspray or something.

Okay that makes sense so if I have a few swirls but it passes the baggie test then I would polish and then wax away, thanks for info

Correct. Usually the rule of thumb with claying is doing it about every time you do an oil change, but do the baggy test just to make sure it actually needs done and you're not wasting your time and product.:thumbsup:

Okay that makes sense so if I have a few swirls but it passes the baggie test then I would polish and then wax away, thanks for info

Right...although, more than likely, if you're swirled, you might also need clay first...those kinda go hand in hand (sorry, I know that wasn't 100% clear the way I wrote it). I always clay before polish just to make sure I am dealing with a nice, clean, contaminant free surface.

The easiest rule of thumb for using any product (polish, clay, wax, etc), is to use it when you need to.

Dirty? WASH!

Failed a "baggie test"? CLAY!

Swirled? POLISH?

No more water beading? WAX!

So if your surface looks good, but the wax layer is gone, just wash well and reapply. :thumbsup:

Archived