Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detail Questions

blazr

Question

A friend of mine recently asked me to clean her cars interior. She also asked me if I could do anything about her cars dash. I told her I would ask you guys and see what I could do.

Q1- Her car has cloth seats and I was planning on using the Bissell Little Green Machine to help clean them up, but she mentioned she has heated seats. Could the Bissell damage the seat heating electronic?

Q2 - Her passenger side dash has mutliple scratches. Is there anything that can be done to help make the scratches harder to see? (I have thought of SVRT, Id like to see if you have any other suggestions?)

Heres a picture of the interior dash.(This damage was from a previous owner)

3 answers to this question

A friend of mine recently asked me to clean her cars interior. She also asked me if I could do anything about her cars dash. I told her I would ask you guys and see what I could do.

Q1- Her car has cloth seats and I was planning on using the Bissell Little Green Machine to help clean them up, but she mentioned she has heated seats. Could the Bissell damage the seat heating electronic? Just don't saturate your seat and you should be fine. The only heated seats I have are leather, so I personally have no experience. But people do it all the time, and today's day in age, a good percentage of seats are heated. Like I said before, just don't soak the seat.

Q2 - Her passenger side dash has mutliple scratches. Is there anything that can be done to help make the scratches harder to see? (I have thought of SVRT, Id like to see if you have any other suggestions?) Believe it or not, and I've tried this once on the kick panels on my DD...try some 0000 steel wool soaked with the L&IC or LC as your lube media. I'm not sure the material of your dash, but do a little test panel with light pressure. It worked great for me, and was going to post a write-up on this but never got around to it. Try a small test area with light pressure...what's the worst that could happen? I'ts already scratched to hell.

Heres a picture of the interior dash.(This damage was from a previous owner)

^^^

Archived