Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noise Cancelling Headphones

07RS4

Anyone have a good pair? Suggestions?

I'm looking for a good pair that I can use while I detail, and run the machines, while keeping out most of the noise. I have a black quad cab next weekend, so I'd like to get them by then. Don't like hearing the PC for the entire day:2thumbs:

Let me know your thoughts. I'm trying to keep the price reasonable here...I'm looking for something $100 or less....if there is a product that you feel is FAR superior, then I'll consider something more expensive.

Please, only if you have first hand experience with them...

TYIA

here you go. a little above your budget but they are worth it. FYI stay away from ANYTHING from BEATS by DR. Dre.

Sennheiser USA - Noise Cancelling Headphones - PXC 450 - Stereo, Top quality Sound - Personal Audio

i like these far better then the bose, however that being said boses headphones are probably the only thing from them thats not a paperweight :)

here you go. a little above your budget but they are worth it. FYI stay away from ANYTHING from BEATS by DR. Dre.

Sennheiser USA - Noise Cancelling Headphones - PXC 450 - Stereo, Top quality Sound - Personal Audio

i like these far better then the bose, however that being said boses headphones are probably the only thing from them thats not a paperweight :)

Jesus Brendon, I'm not balling like you bro, bwahaha. $350!!!

I take it that Sennheiser is a good brand?

Do me a favor then....look at these, and tell me what one you would get:thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sennheiser&sprefix=Senn%2Caps%2C316]Amazon.com: sennheiser[/ame]

Maybe the $119 ones? I really don't know what "stats" to look at.

Seinheiser is one of the best IMO, especially in the $99-$699 range. they do a TON of professional stuff for studios and sound booths.

Repost that link its broken, if your wanting something muffle the noise of the machines then these will be more then sufficient. they are not noise canceling but will cut down on the noise :thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-280-Pro-Headphones/dp/B000065BPB/ref=sr_1_60?ie=UTF8&qid=1331435257&sr=8-60]Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones: Electronics[/ame]

Seinheiser is one of the best IMO, especially in the $99-$699 range. they do a TON of professional stuff for studios and sound booths.

Repost that link its broken, if your wanting something muffle the noise of the machines then these will be more then sufficient. they are not noise canceling but will cut down on the noise :thumbsup:

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones: Electronics

Those look good...I will probably pull the trigger on those then!!

What do headphones need to have to be classified as noise cancelling?

Those look good...I will probably pull the trigger on those then!!

What do headphones need to have to be classified as noise cancelling?

true noise canceling headphones have a microphone and actually listens to the ambient noise around. It then processes it and for lack of geeeking you out it injects the same sound wave and literally cancels the noise.

thats why the first ones i linked you too were more expensive. The second ones just seal tight around your ear and has a thick insulation that will muffle the sound

If you have some time read this:

HowStuffWorks "Noise-canceling Headphones"

true noise canceling headphones have a microphone and actually listens to the ambient noise around. It then processes it and for lack of geeeking you out it injects the same sound wave and literally cancels the noise.

thats why the first ones i linked you too were more expensive. The second ones just seal tight around your ear and has a thick insulation that will muffle the sound

If you have some time read this:

HowStuffWorks "Noise-canceling Headphones"

Got it...I watched the video on the ones you posted and they look really nice. I like the fact they can inegrate with your phone. Thanks for filling me in, when I get the chance I read the article.

Np man ne time! I don't think they come with the mini adapter so make sure you pick it up at the same time :thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Generic-3-5mm-Adapter/dp/B003VGRDUK/ref=pd_sim_e_4]Amazon.com: 3.5mm M to 1/4" F Adapter: Electronics[/ame]

I love Sennheiser myself, and normally I would agree about BOSE being bad, but I just looked at the user reviews on the Sennheiser noise cancelling head phones versus the Bose, and the Bose are rated higher:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PXC-450-Noise-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B000R2PC2M]Amazon.com: Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard Active Noise-Canceling Headphones: Electronics[/ame]

Amazon.com: Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones: Electronics

:iagree:

I have a pair of these Sennheiser HD-280 Pro headphones. Have had them for years and they perform well.

A couple things:

1) They are considered to be more of a studio headphone, meaning they are designed for accurate sound reproduction and not for being the smallest or lightest.

2) Some people like other headphones better because these headphones don't accentuate the bass, they produce sound fairly accurately as it was designed to be heard by the recording engineer.

3) These have "passive" noise reduction - meaning they use sound insulating materials/techniques to reduce the sound level (items like a seal around the ears), they do NOT use electronics to cancel out the sound. Hence, no batteries are required :D

:cheers:

Np man ne time! I don't think they come with the mini adapter so make sure you pick it up at the same time :thumbsup:

Amazon.com: 3.5mm M to 1/4" F Adapter: Electronics

Maybe the Sennheiser HD-280-Pro have changed but the pair that I have you won't need this. The adapter is a gold plated 3.5mm male stereo with a screw on 1/4" stereo male adapter. So out of the box you can work with 3.5mm or 1/4" stereo adapters.

Also, since they are "over the ear" they can make your ears warm over time like an other poster said. But they are very nice. Have owned 2 pairs of these, actually three pairs but gave one pair away and had one pair taken from me. :(

These have a cord that is fairly long, can actually reach from my family room receiver to the couch so they are awesome for late night TV watching too! :D

Anyone have a good pair? Suggestions?

I'm looking for a good pair that I can use while I detail, and run the machines, while keeping out most of the noise. I have a black quad cab next weekend, so I'd like to get them by then. Don't like hearing the PC for the entire day:2thumbs:

Let me know your thoughts. I'm trying to keep the price reasonable here...I'm looking for something $100 or less....if there is a product that you feel is FAR superior, then I'll consider something more expensive.

Please, only if you have first hand experience with them...

TYIA

I use the Bose QC15 at work and for airlining. If you just want to lower the noise level, use earplugs.

I use the Bose QC15 at work and for airlining. If you just want to lower the noise level, use earplugs.

I have a box of foamies, and 3 pairs of ear defenders. I was looking for something that I could listen to music also:thumbsup:

Looks like a have a decision to make here...thanks for all the input guys.

The more I read up on it, the more I want to go the noise cancellation route...the technology seems really cool. I just don't know how often I would put them to use. Maybe the HD280...I like the pricepoint.

Archived