Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about the flex

crowvet

Question

I have a question for those who have a flex.. I am painting a pickup box and am using Base/clear. I want to cut and buff the clear when done. Is this machine up to the task at hand? I have a Porter Cable and I know it would not give me satisfactory results. I also have an old Makita rotary buffer that I could convert to use foam pads. Would the flex be the way to go? I am leaning toward getting one anyway but was curious about this.

13 answers to this question

i wounder the same dont know if it has the speed. im going to test it on an old door this week. 2000 grit papper. ill check back

Thank, let me know. It will help me decide when to buy the flex.:rockon:

Flex is much faster cutting and works well with what you're looking for as compared to to PC. Both have their place in improvement of the paint, but the Flex is much faster with less pressure needed.

If you're using it to cut orange peel and aren't wet sanding first, I'd use a rotary, followed by the Flex. As long as you know how to use a rotary correctly.

Chris

ok i did it today. I only had 1500 wet . I did one fast pass with all 3 steps. i took a video with my gopro. will post the youtube link. you can still see that its not clear cut but i think with 2000 wet it might do just fine. link will be up asap. also have a few cell picks

Cool John, Thanks for the post. And thank you all. Looks like the Flex will do the job on new paint. I doubt I will have to sand it to the extreme that you did John. I hope it turns out needing minimal cutting. Looks like a flex is in order

Nice Video, the Flex seems to have a lot more forced rotation than the PC. I think that is what I need. Adams people are the best, where else could you ask a question and get the answers you need complete with video? :rockon: Adam's Forum Rocks...............Thanks John:cheers:

Nice Video, the Flex seems to have a lot more forced rotation than the PC. I think that is what I need. Adams people are the best, where else could you ask a question and get the answers you need complete with video? :rockon: Adam's Forum Rocks...............Thanks John:cheers:

np anything i can do to help someone out :cheers:

Archived