Customer Service 866.965.0400

Air Compressor

DP 08 GXP

i am looking to upgrade from the air compressor i got from my mother and father in law this x-mas...they got me this one

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

i went to use my foam cannon today and this one just doesnt have enough capacity since it was constantly running and the psi was around 40....anyone have suggestions on another one? i am looking for around 6-8 gallons and 150 psi....also trying to stay around $200 range...i came across these so far

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-HU500000AV-8-Gallon-Compressor/dp/B005LU2ZO8/ref=sr_1_20?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1331929730&sr=1-20]Campbell Hausfeld HU500000AV 8-Gallon Oil-Free Air Compressor: Amazon.com: Power & Hand Tools[/ame]

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

i actually think i may go with this one

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QF0LIQ/ref=asc_df_B004QF0LIQ1936655?smid=A2RFSIF56F6W5J&tag=nextagusmp0404106-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004QF0LIQ]Amazon.com: Rockford CAT1040 10 Gallon Air Compressor: Home Improvement[/ame]

Save up and buy a larger tank vertical unit. You'll be happy you did.

:iagree:

Don't go with a three year old compressor from CL, and don't go to small. It will cycle allot if you ask me. I know that my shop just bought a Husky and it burnt out with in 6 month as well as the Campbell.. I do like Craftsmen though for home use anyways!

:D

Also be sure to really consider what you need to run. I didn't see this mentioned in your post but tt isn't just PSI but also the CFM rating at a certain PSI. A small cheap unit can have great PSI but if it can't put out the volume (CFM) then you aren't a happy camper.

:cheers:

Save up and buy a larger tank vertical unit. You'll be happy you did.

:iagree: We use this one, MADE IN THE USA!!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D55168-120-Volt-Electric-Compressor/dp/B000HZI6F4]Amazon.com: DEWALT D55168 200 PSI 15 Gallon 120-Volt Electric Wheeled Portable Workshop Compressor: Home Improvement[/ame]

$%28KGrHqF,%21rYE88g6V%21BoBPYH18CU9g%7E%7E60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

thanks for the link Adam but that one is a bit more then i want to spend since we have a baby on the way

Dylan if that is the case i may go that route since i can get a discount at work

EDIT: just checked out the cambell hausfeld compressors and the ones i looked at are a little on the low side of the CFM ratings

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i am going to go with one of the 2 i have listed below....one is a Dewalt that is refurbished with a 30 day money back warranty and 1 year warranty...is more powerful....the other is brand new and got good reviews as well....which one would you pick of these 2?

DEWALT 15 Gallon Wheeled Portable Workshop Air Compressor D55168R | eBay

Speedway 7678 - 1.5-HP 15-Gallon Portable Air Compressor

Not sure on what scale you plan to grow your air tool collection. As was mentioned before CFM is probably the biggest thing to consider when purchasing a compressor. Below is a list showing approximate CFM required to drive certain tools. My experience has been that if your your tool requires 5 CFM to run and your compressor says 5 CFM at 90 psi., it will run it, but you will continually have to stop to allow the compressor to recharge. Another thing to consider and this was something I had an issue with first hand, was power. I had to run a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

Air Compressor Buyer's Guide | Northern Tool + Equipment

i dont plan on going to crazy with the tools...the main thing it will be getting used for is my tornador foamer which says it needs constant 60 psi and 5 cfm's at 90 psi so that is what has me leaning towards the dewalt since it has more power

Im wondering why you would use the air compressor for the foam cannon. The foam cannon was designed for pressure washers.

I know there is another foaming gun that works on air...it's called the tornado air foamer. Is this the one your using?

EDIT** Read some of your others posts and it is the tornado air foamer.

I personally think you would have been better off with the foam cannon and a cheap power washer.

I guess everybody has their opinion about refurbished products. Me personally, I steer clear of them. I know that some say they are just as good as new, and I know they are usually gone through. I just have an issue with the fact that it died once already so who is to say it won't happen again. I know that the same can happen with a new item. But it can be exchanged for a new item. Iam just weird about it.

I know you were looking at the few compressors from the beginning but If neither work out i would consider a craftsman cause thats what we've had for a while now (9years) and it hasnt failed me yet. lots of filling up tubes for out on the lake :D

Archived