Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ok so......Playing with the Flex

Maxspeed

Question

Ok so....my car is clayed and today is Swirl & Haze remover day.

I am adapting the Junkmans technique to my own

1. Have lots of Advil, your back will hurt. Have an Ipod.

2. Spray pad, add product, spray again. Use setting 1 to spread product instead of feathering trigger. Then choose 5.

3. When polish starts to flash spray pad again. Use the junkman's speed but sometimes go a little faster just to help back unstiffen.

4. Use Waterless wash to remove product with a MF towel to check work.

Since I am starting with SnH and not Severe SnH I. don't have any since my Camaro is brand new and figured I wouldnt need it. I have to acccept the fact that some of the marks are probably deeper than I will be able to remove and just accept that fact and move on. I have spent 1 hour doing 3/4 of the hood. Otherwise I will spend all day on the hood.

Yes, I know I am using McQuires for the spray. I am saving the good Stuff for my Camaro.

Here is my set up.

As I got towards the end, I found that I had enough polish that I could spritz and do another large section.

I would let it flash, spray or maybe add a little more sSnH, then let it dry and wipe off with a MF.

I spent around 7 hours with Swirl n Haze today. I know FMP witll be quicker but realistically how long should it take.

An hour or so? You have done the correction, so the hard part is out of the way.

An hour or so? You have done the correction, so the hard part is out of the way.

Thanks. That's what I figured, the hard part is done. Do I just apply it until it flashes? With the SnH I would apply until it flashed then spray the pad to bring it back to life.

If you need a little more practice before the Camaro let me know ill drop mine off.... should be pretty familiar to you lol

Thanks for the offer GX. After I finished the hood I figured I had practiced enough, but I was commited at that point. :burnout:

Thanks. That's what I figured, the hard part is done. Do I just apply it until it flashes? With the SnH I would apply until it flashed then spray the pad to bring it back to life.

Work it until it flashes, then, if it looks good move on. Lately I have been applying polish and working a section, reapplying and working 1 or 2 more sections. Then spritzing the pad with DS and working the the next panel without applying more polish.

First off, I love how the Camaro sleeps on a blanket! :thumbsup:

Second, it should take about an hour to do the front clip of your car with one step of polish, max.

Is it just me, or does it seem the step with Severe Swirl Remover may have been skipped? That would cut a few hours off, IMHO....

Second, it should take about an hour to do the front clip of your car with one step of polish, max.

Is it just me, or does it seem the step with Severe Swirl Remover may have been skipped? That would cut a few hours off, IMHO....

People are always saying to go least aggressive first. Bull hockey. Time is money, and with the significant difference in the time saved of doing 1 pass with the SSR or two passes with the SHR, I'll take a little more of my clear off to save that much time. You don't always need to use the SSR, or the SHR for that matter. So when you get down to it, you are just (hopefully) using FMP for the rest of your corrections.

Yes I did skip the Severe SnH. I bought your Premuim Flex Kit for my 2011 Camaro which I bought in Oct. Being new with only faint swirls I swapped 2 items for the SSH and Pad since I didn't need it for my Camaro. I was using my Grand Prix as a learning experience to become familiar with the process and learn how to use the Flex.

I think I spent around 12 hours claying, 7 hours SnH, and 1.5 FMP. The GM at my dealrship was very impressed with the result.

By the way Adam, Here is what I have bought since December. Have I missed anything?:bow:

Adam's Air Force Master Blaster Car Dryer

Adam's Gallon of Car Wash

Merino Wash Mitt

Adam's Hex-Grip Hand Polish & Car Wax Applicator Trio

Adam's Bucket & Grit Guard (2)

Adam's Car Wash Bucket Caddy (2)

Adam's 20" Fender & Tire Brush

Adam's Boulder Blonde Boars Hair Wheel Brush

Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush

Adam's Premium Flex XC3401VRG Polisher Kit

Adam's Hex-Grip Hand Polish & Car Wax Applicator Trio

Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle with quick disconnects

Adams Vac N’ Blo 500 Handheld Vacuum

Adams Green Wheel Cleaner

Adams In n Out Spray

Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun

Adams Turbostick

Adams Leather and Interior Cleaning Brush

Adams Jumbo Professional Car Wash Pad (2)

Adams Professional Car Wash Pad

People are always saying to go least aggressive first. Bull hockey. Time is money, and with the significant difference in the time saved of doing 1 pass with the SSR or two passes with the SHR, I'll take a little more of my clear off to save that much time. You don't always need to use the SSR, or the SHR for that matter. So when you get down to it, you are just (hopefully) using FMP for the rest of your corrections.

If I had SSH I would have used it. Dont need it for my Camaro.

Right to the Flex. Never used a PC or Flex before. Not much of a learning curve. It's not as mysterious as I would have thought.

Idk to me its all about being confident and reading up alot before jumping in. glad you got the hang of the flex fast, your gunna love it once you get to finishing that car off.

Archived