Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2012 F150

M.YANCEY

Question

Guys I am new to your forum, Let me start with my issue, I took delivery of a ordered new 2012 f150 that was built on 3/12. The dealer told me I could wax it as soon as I wont, So I did fine 4 small scratches in the left side of the bed I used merguair's scratch x to remove the small marks in the paint. The scratches were so small that you could not feel them with your nail but it took 3 time with that scratch x to get them almost out. You cannot see them in the sunlight only in my shop with fluorescent lights. NOW after all that you can see a slite haze in the paint. Is it anyway to get this problem fixed?? It is driving me crazy I bought a 50k nightmare of paint problems. If I could get the haze out it would be fine but it is hard to do by hand. I did not tell you guys this truck is race red.. Thanks for letting me vent..

11 answers to this question

Of i had scratch x too a while back, gave me a nasty haze too, luckily not on my car. I would advise to grab either getting the hand polish set from adams if you dont wanna blow a bunch of cash first, although with a 50k truck dont think money is the problem. Either that of the PC kit to really make it much easier.

Adam's Hand Polish Combo

Can you snap a pic too so we can see what your working with?

Welcome to the family!

:welcomebanner:

Assuming the haze is what I think it is (micro marring from the scratch product you used) it can definitely be removed. I know it can be removed using Adam's Fine Machine Polish when used with a machine (Porter Cable 7424XP or Flex 3401) but don't have any experience trying to do that by hand.

:cheers:

Factory paint is good to go right away... Aftermarket paint needs to sit at least 60 if not 90 days before finishing.

Adams has EVERYTHING you need to make that paint melt your face off!

Trust us and you WON'T be disappointed. Start now, and you'll have it easier going forward.

Scratch X has a ton of fillers in it. Only a couple of Adams products have fillers and none on them are polishes.

Chris

Thanks guy I orderd some adams supplys today BUT I could not stand look at that mess, Remember this truck was born on 3/12 this month.. I took 3M Finesse-it II by hand and removed all the haze and fine scratchs and the took mothers top coat (Reflections) and polished it by hand and WOW it looks great I hope I did not screw up by doing that to my brand new trucK??? Please let my know..

Archived