Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax Bi-Weekly?

bigaudiofanatic

Question

In a few weeks I will be doing a full corrections and detail from top to bottom. Will than finish with super sealant, glaze, and Americana.

My buttery wax usually just sits on the shelf and rarely ever gets used. I have heard it wears out in about a week. So am I hurting anything by applying buttery wax every other week? I know the rule of thumb is the less you touch your paint the better. Just curious on if I should even be thinking about this at all. I know my other choice is a coat of glaze every now and again.

11 answers to this question

im fairly certain its a month for the longevity of buttery, not a week. Glaze doesnt offer any protection and applied over americana will shorten its life.

With a coat of sealant then covered by americana you will get a really good three months of protection. then just reapply americana or do an IPA wipe and reseal/wax. :thumbsup:

If you keep applying layers of wax it will haze the paint.

You mean Buttery every other week after coating with MSS, Glaze and Americana?

I think its overkill. Depending on how the car is used, Buttery will last longer than a week. The rule I stand by for product application is to do it when you need to. There is no benefit to coat after coat after coat of wax. Eventually, it'll just build up and cloud your finish.

It is a daily driver that is kept outside, so what about once a month?

no need. you can do another coat of americana but kind of pointless. My workvan is going on 6 months with just a coat of americana and still is beading up nicely and the masterblaster works well. that is kept outside 100% and always on dirty jobsites.

the workvan doesnt get treated as well as the mini :o

You mean Buttery every other week after coating with MSS, Glaze and Americana?

I think its overkill. Depending on how the car is used, Buttery will last longer than a week. The rule I stand by for product application is to do it when you need to. There is no benefit to coat after coat after coat of wax. Eventually, it'll just build up and cloud your finish.

:iagree: :iagree:

Wow, only a month for Buttery Wax!! I've been using it for years and I really think 6-8 weeks can be expected. I know I have had it last at least that long. Along with regular applications of Quick Detailer, I can't imagine that it won't last longer.

Wow, only a month for Buttery Wax!! I've been using it for years and I really think 6-8 weeks can be expected. I know I have had it last at least that long. Along with regular applications of Quick Detailer, I can't imagine that it won't last longer.

Weather and vehicle conditions always play a factor. If it's a garaged kept car that never sees rain and is in a decent climate ( no excessive temps, moderate humidity) you can probably get 6 weeks from a liquid wax. The only way to really know is wait for the people who tested it to chime in. The rule above is a good one, no more beads=no more wax on the paint.

Weather and vehicle conditions always play a factor. If it's a garaged kept car that never sees rain and is in a decent climate ( no excessive temps, moderate humidity) you can probably get 6 weeks from a liquid wax. The only way to really know is wait for the people who tested it to chime in. The rule above is a good one, no more beads=no more wax on the paint.

Well, I've used it for years, my first use was before Adam made available to the public so I believe I have given it a good testing and most of the vehicles were kept outside in Central Pennsylvania weather. As stated I do use Quick Detailer usually a few times a week, but I routinely get more then a month out of Buttery Wax before needing recoating, however doing it monthly is a very good idea and a good habit.

I'm a fan of Buttery wax.

I usually maintain the shine with detail spray or Brilliant spray glaze

Note:

Not kept outside in the weather

Yeah, I remember that video you did of your Corvette in the garage during the winter. It looked great - buttery looks good on it!

Archived