Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail over time

Cjbarton

Question

5 answers to this question

I would focus on one panel at a time. Do that panel untill you feel it is at a level you accept and then if you have time move on to the next panel. If not I would use quick sealnt to put some protection down on the freshly corrected panel. Then use some WW and a WW towel to clean the next panel in line when you get the time. repete untill finished :)

Im assuming your doing the inside as well. What I do is break it up and do different tasks on different days, Detail Engine, Interior, Exterior, Wheel Correction. It also depends on how much your doing as well.

I would go with what Jonathan siad. Do one panel at a time until you are happy and use quick sealent. Then when you are done with every panel, strip the sealent off of the car using an isopropal alcohol wipe or dawn wash, then a quick paint correction as needed (Fine machine polish over the entire vehicle and SHR as needed). Then spray sealent over the entire vehicle, followed by brilliant glaze, then americana. This will ensure that the car is all corrected to the same level and the product applied will wear out at the same rate.

I finished my truck last night. My truck isn't daily driven so that made it a little easier. I broke mine up into sections leaving the hardest for last.

Sunday- 2 Bucket wash

Monday- Interior and Clay and polish the painted area above the bumper

Tuesday- Debadge, Clay, and polish the tailgate

Wednesday- Debadge sides, Clay, and polish the front clip and sides of the bed

Thursday- Clay and polish drivers side of the cab

Friday- Clay and polish passenger side of the cab

Saturday- 2 bucket wash, dry with master blaster, BG , and APW

Before each area I did a WW wipedown and after it was polished I put on a coat of Quick Sealant.

Archived