Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant on windows other than windshield

kmartind4

Question

I am a big fan of Adams Glass Sealant on my windshield. Last time a applied it I put it on every window on my suburban. Killed about 1/2 the bottle.:( I am due for a new application and was thinking of only doing my front and back windshield to conserve product.

I wanted to get a feel for what everybody else does? Just windshield? If you do all windows what befits have you seen?

20 answers to this question

Even on a suburban? Half the truck is windows.

lighter is better, your supposed to go again in the opposite direction too to get complete coverage. Next time try half as much each way and that will probably work out, I did that the first time I applied too, dont feel bad :thumbsup: haha. As for sealant on the other windows I do that too, especially on the rear window, really cool to see with no drops on it after it rains.

I do all the windows on both vehicles. I still haven't used that much of my first bottle yet. I bought 2 bottles during the recent sale. I also have some Brilliant Glaze but have not tried it on my glass yet.

I am a big fan of Adams Glass Sealant on my windshield. Last time a applied it I put it on every window on my suburban. Killed about 1/2 the bottle.:( I am due for a new application and was thinking of only doing my front and back windshield to conserve product.

I wanted to get a feel for what everybody else does? Just windshield? If you do all windows what befits have you seen?

WOW! 1/2 bottle for one application! You are using wayyyyy too much product! Like the polishes, less is more.

I like doing all the windows too. I am probably getting between 6 to 10 entire car applications from a bottle.

I am due for a new application and was thinking of only doing my front and back windshield to conserve product.

This is what I do. The windshields take more abuse, between wipers and defrosters, than the rest of the glass on the car, so you would need to re-seal them before anything else.

How long has it been since the last application? I typically do all the windows in the springtime, and then reseal the front and back windshields in the fall. My G8 sits outside 24/7 and I find that the sealant holds up for quite a while.

Archived