Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fire engine polished and sealed

Jay23

Well between calls the other morning I was able to clay, fmp, and machine wax engine 1. This thing gets washed with bristle brushes almost daily, so the swirls are crazy. I just did one pass with the fmp to bring out a little shine. Overall I think it turned out well, by far the cleanest truck on the department for at least a day or two!!

first pic is a before, all the rest are after

img1520jw.jpg

img1521jg.jpg

By jay198123 at 2012-04-12

img1527hr.jpg

img1529b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That was a huge task to take on, but well worth it in the end!

Thankfully there was no calls that came in during the clean up! It wouldn't of looked too good if you showed up to the scene with a PC and an Adam's apron on :jester:

I have to know how long it took you to do everything?

Thanks! It is far from perfect, but unlike my car that i can baby, this thing takes daily abuse! We ran a bunch more calls that day, and I just wanted to keep it parked and pretty! lol

That was a huge task to take on, but well worth it in the end!

Thankfully there was no calls that came in during the clean up! It wouldn't of looked too good if you showed up to the scene with a PC and an Adam's apron on :jester:

I have to know how long it took you to do everything?

Actually we ran 2 during lol, but I went by panel so it didnt look too bad, it took just over 4 hours, I could have worked on it for a week, but I just kept thinking about that on coming crew scrubbing it with brushes screwing up my work!

• 1 month later...

It looks great! I really want to do our rigs but will never put that much time into something I know the other guys will just put a crappy brush too and ruin it very quickly.

Great job Jason!

I stopped putting in the effort when guys were using tire brushes on the paint. They will also use dish soap because the municipality doesn't/won't/ can't afford car soap. Even when we do get it I find it hard to believe it is soap.

• 2 weeks later...

nice job!

I made the mistake last year of showing what MP1 and MP2 could do for the wheels and ended up having to do all the diamond plate when they loved it.. We have a '94 Pierce which has been washed a boatload of times with crappy tools/swirl & scratch appliers..

I will be doing the wheels tonight for this year's Memorial Day Parade..

Archived