Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can this be fixed with out getting painted

blacktitan27

Question

10 answers to this question

That looks pretty deep. Does your finger nail hang up in it if you run it perpendicular to the scratch?

If so, It'll probably need painted. You could hide it a bit with some work, but you probably won't get rid of it.

That looks pretty deep. Does your finger nail hang up in it if you run it perpendicular to the scratch?

If so, I'll probably need painted. You could hide it a bit with some work, but you probably won't get rid of it.

:iagree:

Sorry to see that.

My DD was keyed when it was just a few month's old! Argh! :mad:

Didn't repaint mine but was able to remove parts of it that weren't deep and lessen the visual impact of the deep parts.

Used the 4" focus pads and took my time.

I would suggest going over the scratches several times with SHR, especially with the 4" pads if you have them. That should at least knock the edges off the scratches and make them less noticeable.

If that does not work and you decide to have it repainted, this would be an excellent time to try wetsanding them! Start with 3000 grit, and maybe move down to 2000, then back up to 3000. Since you planning to have it repainted, if you mess up it's getting fixed anyway, and if it makes them disappear you saved $!

Unfortunately, I would say that is definitely not fixable without being repainted. I don't know what your deductable is, but if it is $500 I would say your going to come in under that. Paint labor isn't usually too expensive. It is when you get into removing and replacing parts that it adds up.

Just an example that I found on the internet.

LABORRATESANDPRICING

Archived