Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good Stuff Inside....

LFairbanks

Interesting. And to think week can look that far out, 1.3 billion light years.

NASA - Monster Black Holes

The guy at the top, Chris Hadfield, my son and I had the pleasure to meet. While we were in Florida to watch STS 134 we found a park where there was a ton of NASA related things and Mr. Hadfield was doing photo ops and signing pictures.

NASA - Expedition 34 at Launch

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Hard to believe. Most people still remember where they were that day. :( A Friend and Coworker's brother was Commander Rick Husband on Columbia. We first met when he saw his brother's first mission patch STS-96 on my old flightcase walking through the Terminal then by chance I was on Reserve Got called out to fly with him on the 737 the very next day. No BS.

Hard to believe it will be 10 yrs this Friday.:(

Thanks for posting the link.:)

Yeah All Happy was making last payment and picking up title to car at a GMAC Office. They had a TV in reception area.Definitely was a mood changer. :(

Going over tomorrow for combined Astronaut Memorial service at the Cape at 10AM. If anyone has NASA network on cable not positive but believe they may be televising it live.

Chris Still going back and looking at all the amazing info/pix.

Thanks again for this great Thread. :)

Yeah Hard to believe. Most people still remember where they were that day. :( A Friend and Coworker's brother was Commander Rick Husband on Columbia. We first met when he saw his brother's first mission patch STS-96 on my old flightcase walking through the Terminal then by chance I was on Reserve Got called out to fly with him on the 737 the very next day. No BS.

Hard to believe it will be 10 yrs this Friday.:(

Thanks for posting the link.:)

Did he share any stories with you? I find it fascinating to talk to different people that have the opportunity to do things that most of us just dream about. Had the opportunity to to talk with an astronaut that is currently on the ISS, Chris Hadfield. Also had the opportunity to go with my son to listen to a guy talk that flew SR71's. He had some fascinating stories. I asked him how many times he was able to see the sun set and rise in a single day. He looks at me and says "now that is an interesting question." His response was 4 times.

Going over tomorrow for combined Astronaut Memorial service at the Cape at 10AM. If anyone has NASA network on cable not positive but believe they may be televising it live.

Chris Still going back and looking at all the amazing info/pix.

Thanks again for this great Thread. :)

NASA - NASA TV

NASA - Multimedia - Video Gallery

Astronaut Memorial | Kennedy Space Center

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/images/content/513559main_mirror.jpg

Enjoy going to that Memorial, Mikey. I wish I could go. On another note, I'am more than happy to share my interest with others and hope that someone learns something. In the big picture, we here on Earth are really nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOPjfrkLslI]Skyfall: Hundreds injured as meteorite wreaks havoc in Russia's Urals - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Omh7_I8vI&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Meteorite crash in Russia: Video of meteorite explosion that stirred panic in Urals region - YouTube[/ame]

Russian Meteor Blast Bigger Than Thought, NASA Says | Space.com

Edited by LFairbanks