Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can't get under hood clean!

txredgt

Question

Starting my detail today I took each wheel off and sealed them up and they are looking great! Afterwards I attempted to clean the engine bay and while it seems to be good there is 1 part that is driving me nuts! I can seem to get what acts like dirt off. I spray it down with water and then go at it with apc and then use the soft wheel brush all over. The area is mostly on the underside of the hood and I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the paint might be treated differently than the regular paint. Seems like after drying I can wipe it with my fingers and remove it even after a generous helping of apc scrubbing and water. Anyone crossed paths of this before? I'm at a loss to cleaning if apc doesn't.

5 answers to this question

Tomorrow I'll snap some pics. I do have my lovely blanket still on the underside but this is on the out edges of the underhood. I am going to svrt parts tomorrow so I'll take a pic or 2 first ad post it up unless Tapatalk isn't working.

Tomorrow I'll snap some pics. I do have my lovely blanket still on the underside but this is on the out edges of the underhood. I am going to svrt parts tomorrow so I'll take a pic or 2 first ad post it up unless Tapatalk isn't working.

Pics will be a big help.

ade00213-9e08-705c.jpg

ade00213-9e14-a443.jpg

Those arnt the best quality but I hope it gets what I'm seeking across. It's better this time around but last time was worse. Just has a chalky buildup after heavy scrubbing. My parents live down a dirt road so that is probably is another culprit. Here is how the motor looks without any dressings yet...

42576601-9ec5-6eea.jpg

Just kidding :jester:

42576601-9ee1-aecf.jpg

Archived