Customer Service 866.965.0400

Qs on windshield?

Theis

Question

15 answers to this question

I find brillaint glaze is more effective, but yes it will work.

Really? One bonds to the surface and lasts ~3 months, and the other just sits on the surface and is washed away with the morning dew.:lolsmack:

Just curious as to why you prefere the BG?

FYI. I don't use either on glass...it doesn't rain here in the summer, and IMHO I really don't see the point. My glass shines just as good with glass cleaner:rockon:

Ok I will grant you this Dave, it does not rain as much here, so I cannot speek to longevity in a rainier area. For me it lasts 3-4 months. So my experience may be different than that of others.

For me, the Brilliant Glaze cleans the glass, fills in all the cracks and minor pitting, and reduces the surface tension for the water on the glass. It has the same effect as on the paint. It is easy to apply and knock down. I apply it when I do the rest of the vehicle. I think both products are just as easy to apply and use.

And I like the smell of the BG better.:thumbsup:

Quick Sealant wasn't designed for glass, and compared to the GLASS SEALANT, it's horrible on glass.

I find it to smear and not bond correctly, whereas Glass Sealant works like a charm.

Mook

There you have it! Makes perfect sense. Thanks Mook.

In terms of ease of application:

• Easy - Glass Sealant
  • Easier - Quick Sealant
  • Easiest - Brilliant Glaze

In terms of durability on glass:

• Not very - Brilliant Glaze
  • Somewhat - Quick Sealant
  • Very - Glass Sealant

So as you can see the ease of application is somewhat in opposition to the durability... the easier it is to use, the less time you'll get (on glass). Which gives you a choice... do you want something easy that you can do frequently or do you want something that requires a little more work, but requires less frequent application.

Personally I go with glass sealant on my windshield every few months, makes the bugs easier to remove. The rest of my glass is now sealed with QS just b/c its easy to hit while I'm working on the rest.

If I'm treating a customer car and they didn't request/pay for sealant on the glass I go to BG since I like the way it cleans up/evens the glass out at the end of the job and theres not any real added time/effort to do it.

Archived