Customer Service 866.965.0400

Confusion about Quick Sealant

Diggerdan11

Question

So I have been a little bit confused about the application of Quick Sealant. I have watched the videos and read lots of post on here, but i still have some questions. Basicly it seems like the QS is just quick spray version of the MSS, right? It seems like it is just a quick way of sealing your car instead of having to wait for 24hours for the MSS to cure.

I have read post talking about how QS is great for keeping bugs from sticking to your front bumper. I want to prepare my truck for bug season since we have such a bad problem where I live. So do I use the spray sealant on top of my Americana?

I just assumed that since QS is similar to MSS that it would have to go on first before Wax, but how would that help against bugs if the QS is under the Wax?

So as you can tell Im confused about the proper order of application as it pertains to QS.

I want to detail my truck this weekend, and I just want to get this figured out before I start.

6 answers to this question

It SHOULD go before wax for optimum longevity, but some are putting it on the front clip before a trip so the bugs come off easier.

I use NOTHING but AQS now and while it may not have quite the brilliance of MSS, it's close enough for my DD's. My car still looks better than 99.9999% of the cars out there.

AQS gets applied directly to the paint and then build off of that.

(tags have been added)

So I have been a little bit confused about the application of Quick Sealant. I have watched the videos and read lots of post on here, but i still have some questions. Basicly it seems like the QS is just quick spray version of the MSS, right? It seems like it is just a quick way of sealing your car instead of having to wait for 24hours for the MSS to cure.

Not exactly... they're both sealants, but entirely different types of polymers. Thats like saying GM and Ford are the same b/c they both sell trucks. Essentially they're in the same family of products, but not the same.

I have read post talking about how QS is great for keeping bugs from sticking to your front bumper. I want to prepare my truck for bug season since we have such a bad problem where I live. So do I use the spray sealant on top of my Americana?

You can... right before you leave for a longer trip you can apply a coating of quick sealant over your wax for an easier cleanup when you get to your destination. It won't have the staying power of a coating applied directly to paint, but it will provide you with the short term protection benefits.

I just assumed that since QS is similar to MSS that it would have to go on first before Wax, but how would that help against bugs if the QS is under the Wax?

If you want to maximize the longevity it should go down first... the leading edge of the truck/car can be treated again with a top coat for help with bug guts.

So as you can tell Im confused about the proper order of application as it pertains to QS.

Clearly :jester:

I want to detail my truck this weekend, and I just want to get this figured out before I start.

Hope that clears it up... others will chime in as well I'm sure.

Great question Daniel. First, your order is correct: sealent, glaze, then wax.

I believe when folks talk about Quick Sealent being great against bugs, this is for those who only use a sealent. Because the can is small it can be stored a glove compartment (all but mine anyway), the product sets in 30 minutes, and the spray means a quick application. So reapplying can be done on a road trip while fueling up. Just use waterless wash to get the bugs off and reapply some Quick Sealent. Thus ensuring continued protection.

You don't want to put this over wax, it simply won't stick. Applying wax over top is adequate to help the bugs from sticking. If you are concerned with the bugs and want to reapply, I would suggest Buttery Wax.

Ok Thanks guys. Looks like I can use the QS before I know I will be going buy an area where there are lots of bugs, but its only a temporary solution.

Looks Like when I detail this weekend I will Wash-> Clay-> Polish-> QS-> BG-> Americana

I was going to use MSS but I dont really have the time to wait

I was going to use MSS but I dont really have the time to wait

Which is truly the reason I use AQS... I put on two apps a month or so ago... Next time I wash it, I'll put another one or two on. It sits out all day at work and gets pounded by sun, rain, dust and dirt... The great thing is it only takes 35 minutes to apply both apps.