Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand polishing raw stainless with MP 1 & 2

MiloX

Question

19 answers to this question

Yes.. I have watched them. But iirc his wheels were already polished, right? These tips are raw. I'm not looking for a mirror like finish or anything.

I should just bite the bullet with the daily special, huh?

Maybe a little before and after pics.

I was wondering who was going to point that out. Lol.

I know. I'm crazy. :willy:

I just don't like it. The raw steel just looks unfinished. I'm not going for chrome here. Looking for something that more closely matches the aluminum on the wheels in brightness.

:lolsmack:

No problem but txredgt gets all the credit. He posted it a while back. I just looked it up again.

:cheers: I saw that thread before I was an adamite and needless to say I was shocked by the turnaround and had to post it on here. Makes me want one just so I can do that to it!

I once sanded my raw diesel exhaust tips (they are a twin style similar to yours) and after starting at 1500 grit then moving to 2,000 and finally onto polish they looks very bright but definitely didn't have a mirror finish. Then the diesel heat and rain discolored them after about a 1000 miles :) Of course I didn't spend a ton of time on them but hopefully your results turn out better than mine.