Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towel Suggestion

I just got an order and there is cardboard debris/fibers in my towels, most of it came out. I'll try washing them tonight. I think it would be better if they were put in plastic bags for shipping.

It's funny you say that...we are testing some stuff now. Keep in mind though, the towels also come to us minus a bag--just in LARGE boxes. It's a good rule of thumb to shake the everlivin' out of them or even wash them before you use them.

Yep, I prewash mine!

I always prewash mine too! I won't wear new clothes before washing them since I don't know where the clothes have been or what chemicals they may have on them. In the same way I won't put towels on my car until I know they are clean and don't have unwanted foreign material on them.

:cheers:

I just got an order and there is cardboard debris/fibers in my towels, most of it came out. I'll try washing them tonight. I think it would be better if they were put in plastic bags for shipping.

I believe it was in Feb?? this year that I notified Ashley about the same thing. "All" my towels had cardboard in them - I managed to hand pick out and shake out most of the larger pieces but there were other and very smaller pieces that I used tweezers to get them out.

I'm not sure all of this is cardboard because some of the extremely smaller pieces, after washing, are still in two of the towels.

I asked if my next shipment of towels could be wrapped in "something." The great workers at the wharehouse did indeed wrap them in plastic and put tap around them. However this last shipment I received, they were just laying on the bottom of the box, not wrapped.

I honestly don't believe it would be fair to Adam and crew if we asked them to wrap every towel in plastic and then tape it shut. All I'm trying to do is get the bigger pieces out and my best to go after the smaller ones. So far I haven't used these towels on any detail.

I believe it was in Feb?? this year that I notified Ashley about the same thing. "All" my towels had cardboard in them - I managed to hand pick out and shake out most of the larger pieces but there were other and very smaller pieces that I used tweezers to get them out.

I'm not sure all of this is cardboard because some of the extremely smaller pieces, after washing, are still in two of the towels.

I asked if my next shipment of towels could be wrapped in "something." The great workers at the wharehouse did indeed wrap them in plastic and put tap around them. However this last shipment I received, they were just laying on the bottom of the box, not wrapped.

I honestly don't believe it would be fair to Adam and crew if we asked them to wrap every towel in plastic and then tape it shut. All I'm trying to do is get the bigger pieces out and my best to go after the smaller ones. So far I haven't used these towels on any detail.

Bill, Did you get your issues resolved with the AF?

I see your posting again...good to have you back:thumbsup:

All towels should be washed prior to use. As Mook pointed out, even if we bag them for you, they're shipped to us unbagged so we don't necessarily want to give you a false sense of security when it comes to your towels.

They should all be closely inspected, shaken, and washed before their first use.

Bill, Did you get your issues resolved with the AF?

I see your posting again...good to have you back:thumbsup:

Dave: Yes I did.

Yes, I'm back to posting again. I'll eat crow, beg, etc to be back simply because I came to realize one can not carry a grudge and be happy in life. The other - I missed ALL the great guys on here and ALL the great wealth of information they - you - put out. Couldn't get along without it.

The deeper I get into detailing, which simply started out wanting to do my own vehicles has now grown to me doing a few - here and there - other vehicles. I was at first afraid to touch my own paint with a PC/Flex and here I am, moving right along. However, my laptop and this homepage is right out in my shop with me. Many many times I was completely confused about the proper thing to do. I just searched the forum, found the correct answer and let a sigh of relief out.

It's good to be back and many thanks Dave.

Dave: Yes I did.

Yes, I'm back to posting again. I'll eat crow, beg, etc to be back simply because I came to realize one can not carry a grudge and be happy in life. The other - I missed ALL the great guys on here and ALL the great wealth of information they - you - put out. Couldn't get along without it.

The deeper I get into detailing, which simply started out wanting to do my own vehicles has now grown to me doing a few - here and there - other vehicles. I was at first afraid to touch my own paint with a PC/Flex and here I am, moving right along. However, my laptop and this homepage is right out in my shop with me. Many many times I was completely confused about the proper thing to do. I just searched the forum, found the correct answer and let a sigh of relief out.

It's good to be back and many thanks Dave.

Welcome Back! :hi:

Archived