Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar Shelf Life & Storage Recommendations

mikegeaney

Question

Is there is a recommended shelf life for a clay bar? I have only used clay about 3 times and have been impressed with the results. I left my last bar out in the garage and I believe that the harsh winter, as well as improper storage, killed it. How many times do you figure you can use it? I'm not sure if that's even a valid question as it might be subjective depending on how "dirty" the clay gets.

Any tips as to proper storage techniques? I have heard various things such as putting it in a zip lock with a small amount of liquid such as a Detail Spray.

Lastly, is Detail Spray a proper clay bar lube?

Thanks.

I wondered why when I brought out my yellow one at Carlisle last year The Adam's detailers Brad and Dale looked like they saw a ghost.

Give you $30 for it Kris! :D

2012, we'll be selling them again, and the GIANT company with the patent, who had nothing to do with creating clay, will be an option, and not 'the only' option. :D

Gerry is right, the blue is easier. Nothing is better than the old Yellow Bar though! Next order Brian, put in the notes that you have a purple bar, and are dissatisfied. We'll include a Blue Bar free.

Good plan?

A little off topic (sorry not trying to hijack the thread)...but things like this is why I decided to make the switch from my previous products to Adam's...beyond excellent customer service! Great job guys!!!

Give you $30 for it Kris! :D

2012, we'll be selling them again, and the GIANT company with the patent, who had nothing to do with creating clay, will be an option, and not 'the only' option. :D

Hey Adam,

I have not used my clay bar that I got from you a couple years ago. If I remember correctly the color of it is gray. I am still using the clay bars that I had from Zaino before I met you, Dale and Brad. I must have bought these 4 or 5 years ago. I have gone through a couple but still have two of them left and they are yellow. I guess I need to covet the yellow clay bars regardless of what jar they are packaged in. :D

Rich

Hey Adam,

I have not used my clay bar that I got from you a couple years ago. If I remember correctly the color of it is gray. I am still using the clay bars that I had from Zaino before I met you, Dale and Brad. I must have bought these 4 or 5 years ago. I have gone through a couple but still have two of them left and they are yellow. I guess I need to covet the yellow clay bars regardless of what jar they are packaged in. :D Rich

Keep your Yellow Bars Rich! The old yellow Zaino bars were the same ones that were eventually outlawed.

Guard them with all your might my friend!

Happy President's Day Rich:2thumbs: