Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze and Americana

TR6speed

Question

Probably two of my favorite products that Adams produces. The paint looks so deep and wet after it is applied.

I took this last week at a show I as at, and yes it did receive an award at the show.

HoodReflection.jpg

15 answers to this question

I completely agree with you. Besides the QS I absolutely love when it's time to apply BG especially with the new red 4th gen pad. Once that's done I have my freshly refrigerated APW ready for the final touch. :banana:

And great job on your Vette. I love seeing pics of red vehicles after this process. Congrats on receiving your award too! :2thumbs:

I completely agree with you. Besides the QS I absolutely love when it's time to apply BG especially with the new red 4th gen pad. Once that's done I have my freshly refrigerated APW ready for the final touch. :banana:

And great job on your Vette. I love seeing pics of red vehicles after this process. Congrats on receiving your award too! :2thumbs:

Why refrigerated? Going to be doing this combo this weekend I hope.

Why refrigerated? Going to be doing this combo this weekend I hope.

It's best to keep the APW in the fridge and take it out hours before use. See the thread below about it.

There is a down side to this. When you are hungry you open the fridge and notice the APW sitting on the shelf. Then you become eager to detail your ride. Plus my wife confuses the container with the hummus :lol:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/15978.htm

Thanks Mike, but it is not all that good. There is room to improve. By the ay e did small Corvette show this passed weekend, and the member in charged had an Adams rep there. She as from the Naples area if I remember correctly.

Thanks Mike, but it is not all that good. There is room to improve. By the ay e did small Corvette show this passed weekend, and the member in charged had an Adams rep there. She as from the Naples area if I remember correctly.

Yea...Ashtin...she's down in Naples. Good kid.

Looks fantastic!

Do you happen to have a secret application sequence you would care to share?!

Just glaze then wax?

Thanks!

No nothing secret about it. In between the full details is just that apply the glaze remove it and then the Americana. I do use the new red hex pad to apply the glaze and I use an old Adam trick for removal, and that is to use a plush micro fiber towel place the pad of the PC on the towel wrapping the excess towel around the handle and let the PC do the work. Only on the glaze I do the Americana by hand.

Edited by TR6speed

No nothing secret about it. In between the full details is just that apply the glaze remove it and then the Americana. I do use the new red hex pad to apply the glaze and I use an old Adam trick for removal, and that is to use a plush micro fiber towel place the pad of the PC on the towel wrapping the excess towel around the handle and let the PC do the work. Only on the glaze I do the Americana by hand.

Awesome! I've read a few different techniques now as far as glaze then wax and even glaze again over the wax. Sound straight forward.

I caught Adam's trick in one of the videos... Looks like the way to go!

Your work looks amazing and I'm hoping for the same results on black. I've been curious on how everyone is getting there... Especially ones that are dripping!

:bow:

Thanks for the info!

AJ