Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Bad" water

Bobtorious

Question

I live in an area which has very "unfiltered" water. My problem is if I wash my vehicle, pool rinse it, and then dry with a leaf blower, I get these "spots" where the water has evaporated and left the minerals behind. It also tends to leave a nice film on my glass. The only way I can get these deposits off is to then detail spray the entire vehicle.

The line I wash from is soft water, so I'm guessing it's some other kind of mineral deposit that's hanging around. Does anyone else have really bad water, and if so, how do you handle the minerals?

I live in Vegas and the water here is very hard, add to that the heat, and it makes drying the car a nightmare! Well I went on an internet search and found a filter called CR-spotless water. It is a resin the removes ALL the minerals (de-ionized water). I also found out they sell it at cosco for cheaper than the website.

Anyway. I wash my car with regular hose water and when I'm ready to rinse I use the quick disconnects to switch to the cr spotless water filter and rinse away. Now if the water dries, there are no spots whatsoever!!! This thing has made car washing so much less stressful for me! It is expensive and the replacement resin ain't cheap either, but I love it! And would never wash my car without it again!!! Give it a look-see. And know that it does what it claims to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig: Glad to hear you are using both systems. I just got off the phone and ordered the big "spotless" one to go along with the one I have that cleans up my well water. I might be able to give away a lot more towels now. :D

I know this is a old thread, BUT........ Costco Online has these CR Spotless filters on sale this month (until 2/24/13) for $370. Not a bad price if you want one.

The peeps who use these spotless rinse DI's rave about how well they work......... Personally, I use some detail spray then blow off the car and wipe down with a drying towel for spotless shine.

Thanks for the heads up Chuckster, just ordered one. Sometimes I roll the hooptie out the garage, and its too dirty for a wipedown. But it takes me about 2 hours to do a full thorough wash and dry, so sometimes I need to just wash and get on the road. This should help!

I think I will be ordering one of these units for doing the windows at home..... The window washers say it is a must have "tool".

I have NOT heard anything negative about these CR Spotless units.

I clean my windows and power wash the siding two times a year (spring and fall) and I think this will cut down on my time and the windows will come out squeaky clean without a squeegee..... I have a lot of glass and some of the windows are very large.

WOW! Those CR Spotless systems are nice, but kinda pricey for me. I usually have to go to a drive through pressure wash with the blow dryers to remove water spots after a wash as our entire area in El Paso, TX contains hard water. I pay like $8 a wash every 3-4 weeks to rinse of the Camaro so i am not sure with the price system, plus the replacements products equals out a year on washes.

Had my CR Spotless delivered yesterday and used it today on 8 windows and three cars with amazing final rinse results......... If you can afford one I say buy it because it does leave a spotless surface. This will be the best tool for hot weather detailing without water spots. Costco.com has them on sale for a few more weeks.

Glad y'all found the CR spotless system. It has been a few years since I bought mine and I am still using it to rinse my car! I love this thing!!

I am getting ready to buy the AF master blaster this week. Used in conjunction with the cr spotless water system should make summer washing a snap!