Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant or Wax for protection?

watchmyback

Question

Hello,

I have been using a weekly regiment of Adams shampoo, quick detail spray and microfiber drying towel and I love it! Only regret is not buy the gallon of detail spray like all the comments said to do :)

I want to add a waxing regiment so I can protect the paint of my car. I have a silver 2011 camry which I recently bought, it is my only vehicle and I have to keep it outside.

What would be better for the long term protection of my paint? I was thinking of either adding in the Adam's Premium Shine Kit or the Adam's Quick Sealant Kit to my regiment (not every week, but as needed).

Sorry I am very new at this, never waxed a car before :)

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

I personally use MSS then americana.

If you don't have a machine, I would say spray sealant kit would be fine. Remember, the spray sealant wont last as long as the MSS. Plus its ideal to apply a wax on top of a sealant. Americana or buttery wax will do

Edited by BlueGenCoupe

The Adam's Quick Sealant Kit would meet your needs. Actually how I stumbled upon Adam's was by looking for a good/easy paint sealant or wax that I could apply by hand in any conditions (don't have too much shade where I live) At that time, AQS was not available. I started by using BCW. Now that the AQS is out, my regiment is AQS covered by buttery once a month or so.

Now the great guys and gals here will give you the absolute best advice on getting your paint perfect, but you don't have to start out that way. I was already familiar with clay bars and claying automotive paint, so that was an easy step for me to add. I also use Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish after claying and before AQS.

Just be warned, every Adam's product does exactly what they say, and :rockon: very well. So as you go, your ride will look better and better. It's a slippery slope, :help: and before long, you will have a cabnet full of great Adam's products. :D

As mentioned the MSS (with proper cure time) and then some BG and APW will be your best bet.

Recently I've been doing a lot of details for customers wanting a sealant. Unfortunately they do not have the time for me to apply the MSS then allow it to sure and return the next day or later to finish off the BG and APW. So I've been loving the QS with a 30 minute cure time then the BG and APW.

Good luck with your choice, and welcome to AF! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the advice. I am thinking of either doing the Brilliant Glaze followed by the Americana Wax or the quick sealant followed by the Americana. I would do all 3 but I don't know if I can hold up that long :)

About how many applications will I get out of the Americana for a 4 door sedan? (2011 Camry) Just trying to figure out how long the jar will last.

Edited by watchmyback

Thanks for all of the advice. I am thinking of either doing the Brilliant Glaze followed by the Americana Wax or the quick sealant followed by the Americana. I would do all 3 but I don't know if I can hold up that long :)

About how many applications will I get out of the Americana for a 4 door sedan? (2011 Camry) Just trying to figure out how long the jar will last.

BG and Americana is quick! Well, at least it's quick when 3 people working on it! BG goes on and off very easily - 10 minutes for the whole car.

The Americana will last a long time. I've only used mine about 4 times and can't even tell I've made a dent in it! It pays for itself in this way.

My guess would be that it will last longer than you financed the car for.

Nice! Just pulled the trigger on the Premium Shine kit. Really looking foward to trying this out.

Nothing like some BG,, Americana,, Sunny Day,, Some Sam Adams,, Not in that order either. Santa coming to see you early..

Sit Back and Relax and think of what fun to come. :mail:

after you are done enjoy: :jawdrop:

Going to give it a go today. I have a friend who also wants to try it out, however I am unsure if we would be able to use the applicators for the glaze / wax and the single soft towel for both our cars? Maybe the applicators will be fine but perhaps he should pick up a microfiber towel somewhere local?