Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st polish ever, and the test subject will be....( lots of pics )

skillzo1

Question

not my car damnit lol. A friends Black Hyundai Elantra. It's in pretty bad shape so he really doesn't care. I never ever polished before but before i move on to my bmw he is allowing me to try my luck on his car.

Here is what i ordered.

Adam's Complete Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher Kit

Adam's Brilliant Glaze Machine Pad

Adam's Premium Shine Detail Kit

Adam's Pad Cleaning & Conditioning Brush

I wanted to make sure i had a decent amount of stuff to Mainly and efficiently romove swirls and make it shine.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any pointers on ANYTHING, TAPING or, on how to work edges and what is exactly defined as an edge? I don't even know if some of this stuff can be removed as you can see the condition of the paint.

I think it's safe to say to start out with adams SEVERE SWIRL REMOVER.

How do you guys think it CAN come out?

This is also washed.

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

12 answers to this question

It looks like you have a lot of opportunity to learn while correcting this one. Good luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'm a newbie detailer and have a project like this to work on myself. It should be a good place to learn!!

It looks like you have a lot of opportunity to learn while correcting this one. Good luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'm a newbie detailer and have a project like this to work on myself. It should be a good place to learn!!

I'm glad i have this to learn on, but i know it's gunna be a rough one.

Yikes! That thing is hammered!!

LOL, comming from you, that is scary.

Most of that should come out, however there are some deeper scratches that will probably not come out, but they will be less noticeable. There is one area that looks like clearcoat failure.

I have worked on the headlights on one of these, and while I was able to clear the outside, they were also cloudy inside. :mad:

Most of that should come out, however there are some deeper scratches that will probably not come out, but they will be less noticeable. There is one area that looks like clearcoat failure.

I have worked on the headlights on one of these, and while I was able to clear the outside, they were also cloudy inside. :mad:

That's what i was thinking also, in some areas, the clear coat just looks SHOT. I don't know if someone tried to do this before and burned through certain spots or what.

I'm looking forward to the headlights. Hope it's not inside though, cause that would be a waste.

Any tips on taping off edges? As noob as i am, i'm wondering how you guys are defining EDGES. Example..hood meets fender gap, curvature of the rear body panel into the trunk sorta speak?

You're over thinking it. Just tape off areas you don't want polish on. Typically where paint meets trim. Fender gaps and the like are fine. If you are building up there, you are using too much product!

Any tips on taping off edges? As noob as i am, i'm wondering how you guys are defining EDGES. Example..hood meets fender gap, curvature of the rear body panel into the trunk sorta speak?

You're over thinking it. Just tape off areas you don't want polish on. Typically where paint meets trim. Fender gaps and the like are fine. If you are building up there, you are using too much product!

I'm with Brian, this car does not look like there is much to tape. The Flex is more powerful than the PC, but not enough to burn edges easily - just keep the polisher moving. Tape things that could tear the pad (emblems) or things that will make them dirty (plastic trim, rubber window and sunroof trim).

I'm with Brian, this car does not look like there is much to tape. The Flex is more powerful than the PC, but not enough to burn edges easily - just keep the polisher moving. Tape things that could tear the pad (emblems) or things that will make them dirty (plastic trim, rubber window and sunroof trim).

Will do, thank you for the advice.

Wow, was that thing a rental car? It's thrashed! Great test subject.

LMAO

Thank you

Archived