Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Things You on Other Forums

TR6speed

Question

I am on the Corvette Forum daily, but yesterday a member posted a questions on how to prevent scratches ans swirls on black paint when washing the car. Many of the replies were very good about the 2 bucket method. I did a complete write up on how I wash mine and of course I mentioned that Adams is the best products going for maintaining a great looking vehicle.

There were those that said that they never wash their car, just detail spray and micro fiber towels that they get at Cosco. It is scary to think what some of these cars might look like in person.

18 answers to this question

I have mentioned Adams on that forum for as long as I can remember (well for the last 6 years) and never had any problems. Actually there are a lot of Adams users on the forum and talk about the great products. One thing is none of us ever put down another vendors good. We simply say they are good products, but we happen to think Adams is the best as far as we are concerned.

I used to read more on CF but now only participate on there occassionally, too much of the usual forum bickering. You would think that since the forum is all Corvette fans they would have that in common... but noooo... they fight about which vette model is "best", which tire is "best", which paint protection is "best", which avatar is "best"... of course they don't all do it, but unfortunately some of the biggest contributors are also the ones doing the negative fighting so the few apples ruin the barrel for me. :mad: Wish they could just voice their opinions without having to be "right". Reminds me of the recent thread here on Adam's about arguing with people who think they are always right!

Love this forum. We can express our opinions and respect each other for that. We can admit when we are wrong or when we don't know everything.

:patriot:

A few years back I said something about Adam's and was asked if I was a dealer. When I replied I was I was banned for advertising. I stay out of the detailing section now.

The C2 section is great though.

Bruce

I heard that once, but than again I was on the C5 General section, not the detail section, but I am not the only one on there that talks about Adams and how good it is and so far (6 years) I have not been questioned.

Funny, every time I mention ANY product on other forums ( I belong to VW, Volvo and a general oil one) I have to put the "no affiliation" dis claimer to avoid the flames.

Just make sure you wear your flame retardant gear. :thumbsup:

I have mentioned Adams on that forum for as long as I can remember (well for the last 6 years) and never had any problems. Actually there are a lot of Adams users on the forum and talk about the great products. One thing is none of us ever put down another vendors good. We simply say they are good products, but we happen to think Adams is the best as far as we are concerned.

A few years back I said something about Adam's and was asked if I was a dealer. When I replied I was I was banned for advertising. I stay out of the detailing section now.

The C2 section is great though.

Bruce

The people over at f150forum.com definitely need some help. There are guys over there just buying Turtlewax and towels at Walmart.

One guy said that ALL cars have swirl marks and there is nothing you can do about it. :loser:

Someone from Adams needs to post in their vendor section and set those people straight.

We have at least one Adamized Ford truck on here.

The people over at f150forum.com definitely need some help. There are guys over there just buying Turtlewax and towels at Walmart.

One guy said that ALL cars have swirl marks and there is nothing you can do about it. :loser:

Someone from Adams needs to post in their vendor section and set those people straight.

Hah, surprised you haven't been banned over at CF for saying "Adam's".

Bruce

Hah, surprised you haven't been banned over at CF for saying "Adam's".

Bruce

I say it quite a bit on there. Even got a few people interested in Adam's. When they look at the results I got on my vehicles, it's an easy sell for someone that wants the same for their vehicle. :pc:

Chuckkilo3 and I are on a Frontier forum. Recently someone asked about removing swirls. The two of us and a few others recommended a PC and foam pads for someone new to machine polishing. Another member told the OP to get a rotary instead of a weak PC. He had used a rotary in a body shop for years and it was the only way to go. We went back an forth on why the PC was a better choice. Maybe he was the one they talked to for the Car and Driver article! http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/lounge/16774.htm

Archived