Customer Service 866.965.0400

new adams user, i'm in love!!

hemi1300

Question

hello all, just recently discovered adams polishing products and seems great so far. Every week I'm detailing my truck (2007 dodge ram 4x4 hemi-black) and the wife's new jeep (2012 hemi laredo-also black), as well as my 2008 hayabusa. Originally discovered adams bc i was looking for the best tire dressing that doesn't sling everywhere and look like crap, have bought so many brands of products it's un-real. Read about the vrt stuff so i ordered some, along with a few other adams products-quick detailer, in & out spray, car wash, fire hose nozzle. Looking for a few more goodies to purchase, thinkin about the wheel cleaner and all purpose cleaner, buttery wax, maybe paint sealant? Any advice u guys can give me to adams products u like best and use most frequently would be great. Was thinkin about buyin the waterless wash, but i have always used quick detailer products when the truck isn't dirty enough for a bath, is the waterlesss wash about the same as the quick detailer?? To say the least, these adams products seem great and i am hooked after the first use lol. Much better than the meguiar's i always use

11 answers to this question

Welcome!

Waterless wash will probably lift dirt a little more safely then quick detailer. (can't remember Meguiars new waterless wash name)

If you mean Adams detail spray/any other detail spray then use waterless wash its safer.

I haven't tried anything from Adams I haven't liked. Their polishes for machines are the best I've used, but I'm still new to the game. Machine sealant works great! Brilliant glaze adds a field of depth that is nothing but awesome.

so waterless wash would be safer when the vehicle is a little dusty, waterspots, etc? Does it lubricate better than the adams detail spray, preventing the possibility of scratching/swirling the clear coat? Have used meguiars quick detailer for years when the truck just needed a quick wipe down, but not a full wash

Yes use waterless wash with ww towels for the safest way to remove dust and stuff without scratches....detail spray is more so a already kinda clean type deal..I found out the hard way...don't make the same mistake I did.

Tapa Mobile..

Guest newbie
hello all, just recently discovered adams polishing products and seems great so far. Every week I'm detailing my truck (2007 dodge ram 4x4 hemi-black) and the wife's new jeep (2012 hemi laredo-also black), as well as my 2008 hayabusa. Originally discovered adams bc i was looking for the best tire dressing that doesn't sling everywhere and look like crap, have bought so many brands of products it's un-real. Read about the vrt stuff so i ordered some, along with a few other adams products-quick detailer, in & out spray, car wash, fire hose nozzle. Looking for a few more goodies to purchase, thinkin about the wheel cleaner and all purpose cleaner, buttery wax, maybe paint sealant? Any advice u guys can give me to adams products u like best and use most frequently would be great. Was thinkin about buyin the waterless wash, but i have always used quick detailer products when the truck isn't dirty enough for a bath, is the waterlesss wash about the same as the quick detailer?? To say the least, these adams products seem great and i am hooked after the first use lol. Much better than the meguiar's i always use

Welcome, and I hear ya! I found this site a while back and went back & forth on what to start out with first. I already posted a review, but I am sold on the Super VRT. Just got it today and had to try it out on my trim, and it is everything it is billed to be. I think I'm even going to apply it to the inside of the car. Going to be hard to pick out some items for my next order, there are so many great products to choose from. I'm thinking of the waterless wash myself, since it's summer and we can go quite a few days without rain, it'd be nice to keep it looking great during the middle of the week (at this point I'm washing once a week on the weekend).

Yes use waterless wash with ww towels for the safest way to remove dust and stuff without scratches....detail spray is more so a already kinda clean type deal..I found out the hard way...don't make the same mistake I did.

Tapa Mobile..

I agree, but I will add that if you go over the vehicle with Detail Spray after using Waterless Wash, it will bright out a little more gloss and shine, since WW doesn't have any shine enhancers like Detail Spray.

You can't beat Adam's Clay Bar, it is the best one I've ever used. Also I would add Revive to your list it is not only a polish but actually more of a cleaner that helps prepare you finish for the next step. When I only did hand detailing, my steps were always, Wash, Clay Bar, Revive, Brilliant Glaze, and finally Buttery Wax. Those were the days before any Sealant was available. Now I would add Quick Sealant before the Brilliant if doing the vehicle by hand. However, both the Revive and Brilliant will bring out shine like you've never had before.