Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dirty wheels (need help)!

hondarider

Question

13 answers to this question

I detailed an Accord with the same issue. I did some research and beleive it or not found that many recommended Westley's Bleach White Tire Cleaner. I would have never thought to try it on wheels but I was desperate and willing to try anything. It actually worked. I sprayed it directly on the wheels, let it soak for a minute or two and scrubbed it with an old toothbrush. Dont get me wrong, its still going to take some time, patience, and elbow grease but the pictures prove it works. Just be careful, odds are you are going to scratch up the clear/paint on the wheels with the brush. I wouldnt know what else to use though.

+1 on an adams Iron Product. GWC is just too week for my vehicles and for cars that have heavy contamination like this. With an iron product there is minimal effort on cleaning rims, especially foreign cars because their brakes tend to be heavy in iron.

Ive restored BMW rims that hadn't been properly cleaned in over two years with some minimum effort using an iron cleaning product.

Its not an option, its a neccesity especially with BMW/Audi/Porsche/Benz

This is why Adam's needs an Iron remover/decontamination spray. And one that smells much better than the other options.

The sulfuric base is what gives it that smell.. Sorry but anyone that makes one its going to smell that bad..

The sulfuric base is what gives it that smell.. Sorry but anyone that makes one its going to smell that bad..

^^^ This. Still think an Adams product would be good too though, the other product I use works just great too but for those that run only the Adams train I believe they could bring a ton of people in on that alone.

+1 on an adams Iron Product. GWC is just too week for my vehicles and for cars that have heavy contamination like this. With an iron product there is minimal effort on cleaning rims, especially foreign cars because their brakes tend to be heavy in iron.

Ive restored BMW rims that hadn't been properly cleaned in over two years with some minimum effort using an iron cleaning product.

Its not an option, its a neccesity especially with BMW/Audi/Porsche/Benz

which iron product do you use?

Don't be surprised to see something from Adams in the future... When they're able to come up with something that blows the competition away, you'll see it. Not until then.

Chris

Metallic contamination is only part of the issue there... that much buildup isn't going to be cleared up by one product alone. Its likely that even after using an iron remover you'll be looking at a lot of time with clay and possibly polish to remove all of that.

Yeah, I know, but the mint scent with the gel I have leaves a funky smell, haha.

which iron product do you use?

Since Adam's doesn't have a product that is comparable, you can use Iron-X, Iron Cut, Wolfs Decon Gel, or a full effect wheel cleaner that does similar [i can't say the brand as Adam's does have a wheel cleaner].

Don't be surprised to see something from Adams in the future... When they're able to come up with something that blows the competition away, you'll see it. Not until then.

Chris

That's the problem, all the other companies have cleaners that already blow traditional wheel cleaners away, but Adam's always has the easiest ones, so I will be excited to try theirs out if they delve into the realm of decontamination sprays.