Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning steps

skippyburger

Question

All,

I was detailing a friends 2002 Honda Accord the other day. It was left to her by her grandmother. It sat outside all the time. It wasn't abused, just neglected. I gave it the 'works'. I rinsed it well, then hit it with the foam gun, then double bucket washed it with two microfiber mitts. After i dried it, I then clay barred it. the clay bar was really picking up a lot of contaminants. I then proceeded to polish it using the Fine Machine Polish. The pad was getting filthy every 10 minutes. I had to stop and clean my pad 8-9 times during the job.

My question is: Should I have done something else to clean it better before I took the polisher to it? Did I miss a step or a product?

Thanks,

9 answers to this question

My suggestion was that you should have used a cleaner like Revive Polish and then either Haze & Swirl Remover, or if it didn't need that, then hit it with Brilliant Glaze before moving on to the FMP and the wax. I think the combination of the Revive and the Brilliant would have given you a much cleaner surface for the Fine Machine Polish and you would not have had the problem with the dirty pads, or at least less of a problem.