Customer Service 866.965.0400

Toyota Supra to come back

bigaudiofanatic

scion is indeed toyota and it has the subaru motor in there lol so they are pretty similar cars, and they are sharp little things! cant wait to see what this looks like

5 pounds difference on both of them. Toyota wanted the motor and worked out a deal with Subaru.

The older supras were pretty cool cars.

I dont see why Toyota would create a new sports car though. They already have the Scion FR-S and the Lexus LFA. But it would be pretty cool if you could buy a vehicle based on the Scion FR-S/ Subaru BRZ but up the HP to the 400 range. That thing would flat scream. Then and only then should it be called the Supra

I really hope that Subaru comes out with a STI version like I keep hearing rumors about. The new 2.0T coming to the Legacys is supose to be puting out about 300hp. That would be a sweet engine to drop in a light weight RWD Coupe.

My local Subaru dealership has a BRZ right now, I think I should go take it for a swim. I have always liked suabrus, but im not sure how a subaru/toyota hybrid makes me feel.

I'm not a fan of the CVT thing anymore either. When it first came out I thought the idea behind it was cool. Then we bought a Caliber, that thing just sucks, I can't drive it to get good mileage out of it to save my life anymore. I can drive my big ol' V-8 better than that little car...anyway, I always thought the old Supra's were awesome, hopefully they make it worth bringing the name back.

I saw a new Scion the other day and agree it looks pretty neat. And I think the HP is just about right... not every car needs to be a pavement pounding V8 -- there's a lot to be said for light weight, balance, and learning to make the engine sing to hit the right shift points.

I think a well-blanaced, great handling Supra in the 300-350 HP range, for $35K, would be sweet. Too much more $$ and it would be just another niche player that would go away again after a few years.