Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fast N' Loud - Discovery Channel

JBlack151

I don't know about anyone else on here, but I am hooked on this show Fast N' Loud on the Discovery Channel. I know they don't restore/repair cars to some peoples liking, however their in it to make a quick buck. This past weekend they ran all the shows so I was able to catch up with them.

I loved the 50 Oldsmobile Coupe Rocket 88 they did. It's was too bad they couldn't keep the original motor though. Now I can't wait for tonight's episode when they bag a 1970 Lincoln. Nothing beats a laid out Lincoln from the late 60's IMO! From what I've seen on the commercial it comes out looking pretty sweet.

Here's a clip on the website about tonights show. :2thumbs:

Fast N' Loud : Discovery Channel

• 1 month later...

I gotta say I'm LOVING 'Fast N' Loud' but not really feeling 'Counting Cars' ...been watching both since the first episode. I'm not sure if its the projects/style/humor of Fast N' Loud and Richard and Arron (Major beard envy on my part :lol: ) but I just love that show!!!

I'm of the mind that if its savable and can be restored it should be to OEM specs, but I also just love the "taking one mans pride and joy jacking it all up and doing a burn out in it" lol!!

I think that's why I favor Fast N' Loud over Counting Cars. The guys at Gas Monkey embody what hot rodding is all about FUNNNN!!!!!!!! Where as it seems Count's Kustoms is more in it for the money and profit. Don't get me wrong BOTH are business' both are about making money, which there's no harm in doing! BUT it is at least portrayed like the guys at Gas Monkey love building the cars and having fun with them as much as they like making money.

A business is a business but I'm one who wishes he was alive in the 40's and 50's when that scene really started taking off. Hot rodding and just about any car is about fun above all else!

Kinda have to agree with the1inblue here, I've watched most of their episodes and like most things on television these days it's just too ... "staged"? That kills it for me. Plus the main guy is annoying, and the quality on the cars they turn around is LOW.

Kinda have to agree with the1inblue here, I've watched most of their episodes and like most things on television these days it's just too ... "staged"? That kills it for me. Plus the main guy is annoying, and the quality on the cars they turn around is LOW.

They never claim show quality on some yes but for the most part the auctions are not Barrett-Jackson or MECUM! they are just trying to make a buck! Cool shop with some cool cars! They make or change cars that you can drive and not have a coronary if you drive through a puddle.if you notice they don't go for the cars that everyone wants examples 68 and 69 chargers,chevelles old Mustangs etc etc ! I think it is more real than wrecks to riches or counting cars!

:burnout:

I'm sticking to my opinion I stated earlier. If its savable then restore it, if it's not then hot rod the heck out of it!! And mainly that's what the guys at Gas Monkey on Fast N' Loud does. Most of the cars featured aren't what I call savable from a business perspective, you'd end up sinking more money into the restoration to original specs than you would turn a profit....so they go a hot rodding route. So what? Do you (anyone) keep their car 100% oem stock?? No you don't...you add exhausts, intake manifolds etc. So to expect a a show about buying a junker and fixing it up to turn some kind of profit on by restoring it completely while you yourself modify your vehicle to your liking in my opinion is very unrealistic and founded in idealism and not the greatest business decision.

How many cars at a show do we all go to that's had a repaint to a different color? A different motor, often from a different make entirely?? How many quote "mods" have been done to your personal vehicle?

To each his own, both are good car shows and I for one am glad I have options for my car show viewing as I currently don't have HDNET or Velocity or whatever they're calling it now. As I said I love hot rods and hot rodding not cookie cutter Civics (no offense to any Civic owners). That said my all time favorite car shows besides the UKs Top Gear has to be Chasing Classic Cars love the oldies they pull out of the barns and garages and love that they fully restore them to all their former glory. Real time capsules and makes me sad I missed those times of what I think was the golden age of Americana (not the wax) ;)

Suggestion for new show:

Shine Kings, based in a town in Colorado. Follow the fearless leader and his crew as they battle evil swirl monsters at home and around the country!

Could you imagine how much business Adam's would get if they were on a reality show!

It would be awesome, however just like any reality show there usually is some kind of bad involved in the end. The business would/could fade away and end up hurting them in the long run. I like the way their progress is going now.

But I will admit it would be entertaining to watch something like that though. Why do I get the feeling Mook would be the little trouble maker/prankster that everyone would love. And now with Dylan there.......OH BOY!