Customer Service 866.965.0400

US manufacturing on the rise

DaytonaJae

That is great news! Slowly, little by little, people are starting to put quality and value ahead of price. Its inspiring to see the numbers start to reflect that.

I have convinced many of my friends and family members to buy American when they can. Even if you choose US over China on a few items every time you go to the store it makes a huge difference.

Good to hear any decent economic news at this point....on a related note though, my company was the structural steel fabricator and erector on two of those Caterpillar facilities so I can attest to their structural stability, lol.

In fact, in the last few years, we have built manufacturing and distribution facilities for Tractor Supply, Macy's, Ross Stores, Caterpillar, Winchester Centerfire, Milwaukee Tool, and GE. The big boys are still spending their money in the states.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

This is great news.

I refuse to give credit to this government for doing this.

It is the companies that are finally realizing that their expenses are on the rise in China and people like us now shop for Made in America products.

You wouldn't know it at my job. They just outsourced a bunch of jobs to Europe and India. Glad its not China but still.

My responsibilities just trippled and Im the only one doing the job now on my shift.

No raise ..not even a pat on the back.

This country has a long way to go but its on the right path.

There is still some greedy CEOs/shareholders out there

Great news to read, but in reality I see most of these companies coming back to the U.S. as a temporary solution. I bet they start going to India or wherever the exchange rate and shipping costs favors their bottom line. Wouldn't be surprised if they start heading to South America.

We're seeing it... I just got out of a meeting with a weld wire manufacturer that we're going to start selling more of. They're known for their low price and decent quality. I asked him where it was made. He told me Korea. Well the company IS a Korean company so not hard to believe. Supposedly, to meet Chryslers standards NO Chinese product could be used, so he said heck with it, we'll just bring ALL Korean in. He also stated that as soon as they get more customers on board, they plan to add production here in Kentucky for the same product. WIN!!!

My biggest bone of contention is with China... Yes, I buy a lot that's made in China, but only because it's not available made here or elsewhere. I've said it before, I won't give up on certain things because of where it's made. Tech is one of them.