Customer Service 866.965.0400

2000 mile trip coming up... What do?

Vincenzo

Question

Well I'm taking the Mustangs on a trip from Ohio to Arizona (where I will be going to school). As you probably could have guessed, a lot of the trip will be on back roads, cause interstates suck. No dirt roads or anything, but there will be plenty of dust and pebbles anyways. So far I was thinking like 5 coats of MSW (even if it's cloudy the protection is worth it), 2 coats of Glass Sealant, and green tape behind the wheel wells and bottom of the front bumper. I plan on an auto wash every 2 days and a hand wash on areas with green tape + Quick Sealant. Does anyone have any suggestions or criticisms?

7 answers to this question

Yeah mc I quit my job so I haven't had any money for about 3 months, which means almost no Adams. I'm going to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, which of course means lots of snow :(

Well congrats! As a former college student and the parent of a college student I hope you find your balance between partying and school work early in your academic career. :thumbsup:

Thanks mc, that will probably be the hardest part, lol.

Texas, unfortunately I can't even nearly afford those. The wax is more of a protection against bug guts and dirt then anything else. I am hoping that 2-3 layers of tape will deter any rock chips on the more prone areas of the car, but I was thinking of a cheap bra for the front end. Even if there are a few marks on the car from the edges, I can polish those out. Much better then rock chips. The problem is all the cheap bras are only for the base bumpre or the GT, and I have a GT/CS. There are very few bras available for them, and they are all far out of my price point.