Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC on Wheels?

JJ Stin

Question

8 answers to this question

Well, I'm out of Wheel Cleaner & I was wondering if its okay to use APC on the wheels instead of the Wheel Cleaner? Should I dilute to a 50/50 mix?

Yes, APC was the only option before GWC was introduced. Just like with polishing, try the least aggressive method first, so your 50/50 mixture is a great place to start. If that does not do the job, step up to full strength.

Rinse the wheel first, and DO NOT let the APC dry on the wheel.

You can use APC on the wheels all the time, but GWC does a better job on brake dust.

I have been using the APC on my chrome wheels. I leave it on for a bit and then hit with a soft brush and spray off. I had some black stuff in the corners of the spokes and it took it off. I use a 50/50 mix. The best APC I have ever used.

On their site it says it works on all wheels, if I remember correctly. Does anyone know if this works on painted factory wheels without stripping the clear/paint? I could try and dillute it 50/50 but even at that strength I'm afraid it may do damage. My factory wheels are from my 2007 Z06 if anyone has any experience with APC.

Even at 50/50 mix you still will remove your wax or sealant. You should re-wax or re- apply sealant.

... and this is the reason I wouldn't use APC on your wheels, even at 50/50. The trade-off of having to reapply wax/sealant after every wash isn't worth the extra dough. IMHO, you are better off using car shampoo from the wash as an alternative as it won't strip wax and does a decent job on cleaning already well-maintained wheels.