Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do-it yourself bed liner recommendations

kmartind4

Question

I am looking for some input/recommendations on a do-it yourself type bed liner for my sidesteps on my Z71 Suburban. I have been applying VRT to them to keep them looking nice, but since adding a leveling kit and making the truck higher my wife is not a fan of the slippery surface caused by the VRT.

Any recommendations, insight, tips on this type of product will be greatly appreciated and my marriage thanks you!

5 answers to this question

I wouldn't touch a DIY liner with a 10 foot pole! I've never seen one that was worth a dang! Line-X gets my vote. I've had it in my truck since 1997 with ZERO issues. You get what you pay for just like detailing supplies. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chewy

I have used rustoleum's brand and it actually holds up pretty good. It's not line-x, but it's easy to do yourself. I did a few of our larger black trim pieces on the titan with it and after a year of baking in the sun it still looks like new.

The current owner of my old 1998 S10 4X4 loves the Herculiner I applied to it in 1998. IMHO it looks as good as the day I put it on in September 1999. As with any type of paint application, preparation is the key to lasting success.