Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Prep, 2012 JK Jeep Wrangler Gecko Pearl!

3PedalMINI

This is my brothers new Wrangler, we've had it for a month and a half now and I finally had some time to new car prep it. process as usual 2 bucket wash, clay etc. It wasnt too bad, just needed a hit of FMP, some areas that were etched needed S&H remover on focus pads but FMP did well. Im used to german clear coats, this is my first american car detail and i was shocked at how "soft" the clear coat was and how quick i achieved 99% perfection :banana:

It lives outside so i used MSS and hit her with a coat of americana. Its been a while since i used MSS so it was a nice change from quick sealant. To be honest i like MSS much better then quick sealant.

This is one of the more difficult details because of all the small tight areas the wrangler has and all the taping that has to be done, focus pads on the PC were used 50% of the time. all trim inside and out was hit with SVRT, my brother is buying a gallon of it soon because of how much the trim soaked it in.

This color is Grays flamboyant color, it doesnt show much and is very hard to capture defects, let alone capturing the "depth" of the paint.

Sorry for the Iphone pictures, my DSLR is charging and will get some better ones later, the color is a pretty gnarly color and the iphone just doesnt capture it right, it looks more light then it really is. Dont look at the rims, they are plastidipped for now. New rims/tires/lift/bumper are coming within the next month.

79479c51.jpg

53d72b32.jpg

1a95360f.jpg

e43771df.jpg

23564adb.jpg

5d270b01.jpg

85d74bd2.jpg

6dbb3b14.jpg

9e8949a2.jpg

f000197b.jpg

546b5815.jpg

81ed42ad.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbsup: better pics up shortly

Thanks Guys!!

Nice job.

Colors like that work on certain vehicles... I think it suits a jeep just fine.

I agree! jeeps can get away with these types of colors, there are few cars on the road that can pull it off right. My brother is in love with it (so am I) the amount of stares he gets is insane, some awesome and some like "WTF is that color" :lolsmack:

i cant wait until he gets rims/tires/bumpers/lift :D

he does plan on taking it off road, it wont be a road queen so not sure how long the pristine paint will last :o but, its a Jeep! :2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks well corrected but personally I can't stand that color or the Citron color used back in the early 2000's. Yes I work with Jeeps every day so I'm allowed to say that :P

A 2 door is a great platform to build off of. What are the overall plans for the build? Just to make it look aggressive or does he plan on using it? :jester: I frequented Rausch Creek a lot over the past 5 years and it's a fun place to test out the capabilities of your ride offroad. Plus its all legal there so nothing to worry about on that end.

First few mods I would tell him to get no matter what is a good first aid kit and two fire extinguishers and mounts. One that the driver can reach while in the seatbelt and another that someone else can reach from outside the vehicle. You can never be too safe in any situation!

If you or your brother have any questions about his new ride feel free to PM me. I've been around them for many years now. :)

Looks well corrected but personally I can't stand that color or the Citron color used back in the early 2000's. Yes I work with Jeeps every day so I'm allowed to say that :P

A 2 door is a great platform to build off of. What are the overall plans for the build? Just to make it look aggressive or does he plan on using it? :jester: I frequented Rausch Creek a lot over the past 5 years and it's a fun place to test out the capabilities of your ride offroad. Plus its all legal there so nothing to worry about on that end.

First few mods I would tell him to get no matter what is a good first aid kit and two fire extinguishers and mounts. One that the driver can reach while in the seatbelt and another that someone else can reach from outside the vehicle. You can never be too safe in any situation!

If you or your brother have any questions about his new ride feel free to PM me. I've been around them for many years now. :)

Lol, the color isnt for everyone :)

Immediate plans are 2" lift, 33" tires and new rims. He doesnt want to get into getting new driveshafts etc so thats why hes sticking with a 2" lift. Hes going to get the smitty built MOD bumper and a quadratec winch. He'll probably get a rear bumper/tire carier because he wants the side by side jerry can holders. Also some Rock rails to replace those god awefull stock running boards. Also a new audio system (basic) because they OEM one is miserable :loser: Ohh and a rugged ridge snorkel when they release for the 2012s.

also will do a bit of lighting, looking at the dually LED's for the MOD bumper and will also do a light bar above the windshield.

This isnt going to be a road queen jeep, he has every intention on getting her dirty. We have been told not to go out anywhere even basic trails without having another jeep there you can follow and learn the ropes. I would LOVE to get up to rauch creek but we dont know anyone and jeep clubs seem to be scarce in NJ :( unless im not looking in the right areas (were on wrangler forum)

Ive caught the jeep bug now and really want a jeep :lolsmack: will probably get one next year. :D

thanks for the headsup on the fire extinguishers, we'll get some ordered. How far away are you from South Jersey, maybe if your willing can be our jeep budy and help us out with mods for some beer and extra cash? :D bumpers we can do our selves but i dont have the slightest clue on where to begin with the lift :o

Thanks Man!!

• 2 weeks later...

That's an awesome color for a Jeep, seeing Jeep's like this makes me regret not buying one last year when I had the chance! Beautiful truck though! I saw one of these driving down a main road by me but with AEV's JK250 package just yesterday. Pics don't do the color justice

That's an awesome color for a Jeep, seeing Jeep's like this makes me regret not buying one last year when I had the chance! Beautiful truck though! I saw one of these driving down a main road by me but with AEV's JK250 package just yesterday. Pics don't do the color justice

Thanks! yeah its a gnarly color. The stares it gets is awesome. He just ordered a CB radio/antenna so we can go wheeling and join the jeep club. I think hes going to get his bumper in a few weeks, following new tires :D

Its so true about the saying Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket :lolsmack:

• 3 weeks later...
Lol, the color isnt for everyone :)

Immediate plans are 2" lift, 33" tires and new rims. He doesnt want to get into getting new driveshafts etc so thats why hes sticking with a 2" lift. Hes going to get the smitty built MOD bumper and a quadratec winch. He'll probably get a rear bumper/tire carier because he wants the side by side jerry can holders. Also some Rock rails to replace those god awefull stock running boards. Also a new audio system (basic) because they OEM one is miserable :loser: Ohh and a rugged ridge snorkel when they release for the 2012s.

also will do a bit of lighting, looking at the dually LED's for the MOD bumper and will also do a light bar above the windshield.

This isnt going to be a road queen jeep, he has every intention on getting her dirty. We have been told not to go out anywhere even basic trails without having another jeep there you can follow and learn the ropes. I would LOVE to get up to rauch creek but we dont know anyone and jeep clubs seem to be scarce in NJ :( unless im not looking in the right areas (were on wrangler forum)

Ive caught the jeep bug now and really want a jeep :lolsmack: will probably get one next year. :D

thanks for the headsup on the fire extinguishers, we'll get some ordered. How far away are you from South Jersey, maybe if your willing can be our jeep budy and help us out with mods for some beer and extra cash? :D bumpers we can do our selves but i dont have the slightest clue on where to begin with the lift :o

Thanks Man!!

Don't know why I'm so late to getting to reply to this but better late than never!

I see a few items on the list that I would steer away from and pursue a different manufacture for. If you're curious let me know and we can take it to PM's.

Most of the NJ folks I see just end up going to the Pine Barrens and all that is is a whole ton of mud and water to sink your Jeep into and it will never be the same after that. I played in the mud once and never again. The time cleaning it all out, and the fact that it ate away at most of my seals and bearings, has led me to play in the rocks which to me are way more fun.

I'm on Rausch Creeks forum and Pirate 4x4. Those are about the only two I go on anymore. Everything else is the 'OOOO check out my chrome bolt on parts' kind of folks and while at first that's okay to get your feet wet into the scene, you eventually graduate into the more hardcore sites where you can learn a whole lot just by reading. The bolt on crowd gets pretty boring after you see the same question posted up for the 100th time :willy:

I live in the Lancaster, PA area and work in West Chester, PA. All depends on where in south NJ you are. Lifts are easy and many have installed them, especially the 2" lift his looking into getting. You may want to look into JK-Forum as well since that community seems to be geared to exactly what you're looking to do with the Jeep. Everything from mild to wild there.