Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint issues

Cali350z

Question

Hi

I am new to this site but use this product specifically and I recently detailed my car. I use haze/swirl machine polish and then sealant and waxed. I now have this haze and have sinced washed my car twice. It still is there and hope someone could give advice on removing it. This pic probably isn't the best but you can see it. I use a PC also.

Thanks

Tim

post-8303-136818083317_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

The MSS requires at least 12 hours to cure before before topping, so that may be where the problem came from. From the label: "After application allow 12-24 hours before layering with other products or applying a second coat."

7826d1314913587-mss.jpg

Well I miss that part. :) I saw #6 and figured the haze was normal and tried removing it the next day. However this stuff is definately on there and since I have washed my car twice now and still remains. So what would be the best way removing it without waiting for the revive to come in the mail. I appreciate you help and quick replies.

You'll need to strip the area and reapply your products there Tim.

Quickest/easiest would be to use a little isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a microfiber towel.

I'm actually glad you posted this, serves as a text book example of what the residual hazing of MSS looks like for those who've never seen it.

I'm actually glad you posted this, serves as a text book example of what the residual hazing of MSS looks like for those who've never seen it.

I am glad I could help :) Even though I failed to read all the information on the back of the bottle I will try this out friday. As you know it's been extremely hot here in So Cal especially Murrieta Ca. So should I wait till it cools down to redo everything or will I be fine.

I am glad I could help :) Even though I failed to read all the information on the back of the bottle I will try this out friday. As you know it's been extremely hot here in So Cal especially Murrieta Ca. So should I wait till it cools down to redo everything or will I be fine.

Keep us posted Tim!:thumbsup:

So just to update my paint problem I removed all of it and then applied the polish,sealant and waited 18 hours then glazed and waxed it. I am just a beginner so here are some new pics. The before and after pictures plus my 350Z:rockon:

Edited by Cali350z
wrong pic