Customer Service 866.965.0400

new 4 in pad crumbled immediately..

So.Chi.Goat

Question

Ok...so last night I picked up my 4 inch pad system from the FedEx....and this morning I decided to take it for a spin

...orange pad orange polish...porter cable...splash of ds...speed 5 and after 30 seconds...foam went everywhere...I pick the pad up and...d03650c7-10a0-a294.jpg

I dunno what happened...I put on the also new green pad...green polish and nothing happened...I used half pressure of what I use with the full size pc pad.. it was fine....I'm lost...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

23 answers to this question

First thing, you should never use these pads at speeds over 4 on the pc, they simply cant handle it and its hard to keep the pad completely flush. It also looks to me like you were putting too much pressure and literally bottomed out the pad so hard it rubbed itself to pieces. I may be wrong, and Im sure Adams will cooperate fully with you, but thats my diagnosis, lol.

It was probably just a defective pad. Those things happen and Adam's will take care of you. Although it's not recommended, there have been times that I've used the 4" pads at speed 5 and it didn't explode, so I doubt that was the problem. If he didn't have problems with the other pad I doubt it's technique related.

Yeah ive always been told not to go over the speed setting of 4 on the focus pads.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPKQ_BjJkw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Adam's Polishes Vol. 7 - Chapter 16 - Porter Cable Polisher & 4" Pads - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

In the video Dylan says, "I recommend working the machine at about a speed 4…because the pad's a lot smaller, you're not gonna need a whole lotta high speed with it." If this was the result of operator error I guess he should've warned, "Never go to speed 5 or catastrophic failure will result in as soon as 30 seconds."

Yes..this was a new pad...I never used it before this....and it disintegrated soon as I started buffing.....I dunno but until I figure it out I dont want to use my pc or 4 inchers.....I'd hate for whatever that was to happen again...I've sat on my pc with the 6'inch pads and not one bit of harm to the pad....or surface...

That happened to my gen 3 pad when i used it on my pc for the detail something different. I was running speed 5. That was the first time using it on the pc. Normally I use them on a drill without a problem.

I used them on a drill after and it was fine....just sCary as hell cuz I don't want to mess up paint

Guys,

As with every thread like this - its best to just contact us! Posting it here doesn't get you any closer to a resolution than if you walked to your neighbors house and told them about your pad defect... unless of course you live next to an Adam's employee, in which case they'd probably have a spare they could hand you on the spot, still removing the need to start a thread to ask the membership :jester:

Nothing is perfect 100% of the time... with literally thousands upon thousands of these pads shipped annually theres bound to be a defect or 2 in the mix. Thus is life... but the good news is that its all covered under our 110% satisfaction guarantee!

Just as a reminder, this is a post stickied at the top of the company info section... should be mandatory reading when you join:

Friends, if there are issues with an order, defective or broken product, or anything that you need us to do in order to provide excellent customer service, please contact our team for an immediate solution!

• Phone: (866) 965-0400 Ext. 1

We maintain the industry's only 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, and I promise to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Starting a New Thread on our forum will not get the problem handled

immediately, and we would appreciate a direct contact via phone or email so we can solve the problem immediately!

We are humans here at Adam's, and we sell products made by humans, shipped by humans, and those products are then delivered by humans.

(Lot's of opportunities for errors when humans are involved. That said, I promise to correct any problems when ordering from Adam's Polishes.)

Thanks for contacting our helpful Customer Service Team Members with any issues with our products or service.

Sincerely,

Adam Pitale

Founder, Detailer

:2thumbs:

I called yesterday early and spoke with Ashley....she said she would check it out u emailed them a picture and everything... no response yet

Ash was going to be out of the office this morning for an appointment... if she hasn't gotten this resolved for you yet, go ahead and forward it to me (Dylan@AdamsPolishes.com) and I'll jump on it right now.

Otherwise I'm sure she'll knock it out for you as soon as shes back in. :2thumbs:

I'm not saying anything bad on y'all part....I was just asking to be sure if I messed it up....I have no problem paying if I break it...I just wantes to ask ppl who have probably been doing this much longer if anything I did may have cause it...

SORRY, WE'RE FULL!

no_vacancy_colo_license_plate_round_sticker.jpg

:jester: jk I should talk (I'm an import myself)

HAH! We need those for NC as well. There really should be an application process to be allowed to move here.