Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing again.

Cjbarton

Question

What's up guys? Recently it was my birthday and decided to treat myself and finish up my collection of nessecary detailing items. I got another grit gaurd, a few microfibers and some other goodies.

So I decided to polish my car again. This will be the 2nd time now, and I have been practicing my form and weight I apply so I can get to my level of perfection.

This is my list of what I need to do.

Strip wash(dawn or APC)

Clay bar

Baggie test

Test area on good until perfect.

Then first step of whatever I need to polish. Etc...

IPA wipe down to remove, polish.

Check for defects

Wax.

Do I need to do an IPA wipe after polishing? Last time I polished and waxed I had what looked like holograms in the paint. From what I understand this can happen from a build up of polish under the wax.

Thanks for all replies.

CJ

16 answers to this question

Use IPA, trust me if you dont the oils in the polishes will hide imperfections and when those oils finally go away youll be like wtf where did those swirls come from. Do a IPA wipe down and inspect your work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Isopropal Alcohol. You can get at any grocery store or CVS/Walgreens. Then dilute it with a 50/50 or 60/40 mix with water.

You can also use Waterless Wash for a wipe down to remove all the polishing residues. This is what I've been doing recently to keep everything I'm using all Adam's products.

Get some ASAP with the blue Waterless Wash microfiber towels. Not only is it great for wipe downs after polishing, it's such an important product to have to keep your ride fresh and clean from dust/dirt after detailing.

By far one of my favorite products along with Brilliant Glaze. Eh, who am I kidding. I LOVE ALL ADAM'S PRODUCTS! :D

I love them too. I always think " I don't need that product I'll just do something else". And then somebody says its great and I fall in love with Adams all over again.

Also, how many towels would one normal use to polish and wax a small car?

I have read that IPA has little to no lubrication, hence the 50/50 water mix. However, sometimes i feel like when the polish is being too stubborn, wiping down with the IPA solution can still cause the lightest of micro-marring. Has anyone tried adding waterless wash to their IPA solution? I know there are other products that have a wipe down IPA formula with extra lubrication. But, who needs that if I can make my own with Adams!

Also I have read that IPA can dull the finish after polishing. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that claim?