Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing clear coat swirls by hand

adamsnewbie

Question

I have yet to make my first order and purchase my own Adams products as I'm unsure on what products I will need and what can wait. My truck is a deep red metallic color and there are swirls in the clear coat that really bother me. Is it possible to get rid of them by hand lovin' my baby or will I need a polisher? I'd rather stray away from machines as I've never layed polisher to paint before and I'm afraid of ruining something. What products would be recommended and how would I go about correcting my problem?

Edited by adamsnewbie

12 answers to this question

You can try using SHR by hand, but you will probably be disappointed with the results. You will will need to step up to the Porter Cable Random Orbital Dual-Action polisher. With the PC and Adam's pads and polishes there is no way you can damage your paint.

Our polishes are designed to work best with a Dual Action, Random Orbital Polisher. You can try by hand, but the polish needs to be worked at 6,000 oscillations per minute. There isn't enough Red Bull you could drink before your arm would fall off. The Flex 3401VRG is a great, easy to use machine that will get rid of those swirls much easier and healthier than attempting a whole vehicle by hand. For small spots, SHR by hand is ok.

Mook

For the average guy looking to just do his car and a friends here and there the PC is a very good choice!

In a nut shell, if your looking to get good results on the cheap get the PC. If your looking for great results and money is not a huge factor use should absolutely drop the extra coin on the flex!

I bought my PC first to stay in a tight budget but I ultimately upgraded to the flex in the end, now I have both lol!

Thanks

Kody

For the average guy looking to just do his car and a friends here and there the PC is a very good choice!

In a nut shell, if your looking to get good results on the cheap get the PC. If your looking for great results and money is not a huge factor use should absolutely drop the extra coin on the flex!

I bought my PC first to stay in a tight budget but I ultimately upgraded to the flex in the end, now I have both lol!

Thanks

Kody

that pc wouldnt happen to be for sale would it? :banana: