Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about product storage & product smell

Coderedpl

Question

There is only about two places in the basement I can use to store my products, one is less prone to dust and such than the other, granted all my towels are stored in containers, but in my other room I noticed I have the "product" smell, when the bottles are left standing there. I checked to make sure that they are closed and it seems like they are.

Does anybody else have this "issue"? I mean yes, the products do smell nice but if you're sitting in a room with that constant smell, you can get a headache as it is chemicals and such.

I have something like this for the gallon sizes and the other bottles,

4-Shelf 18 in. D x 36 in. W x 55 in. H Black Plastic Ventilated Storage Shelving Unit-17601102 at The Home Depot

while the rest of the stuff such as the buckets and the towels (in containers) are stacked next to it.

Any ideas?

12 answers to this question

Maybe due to the other room you have them stored in being too small and the air quality suffers? I would think it depends on the product but it shouldn't smell THAT much. Of all the things that have a distinct smell I have found my new Sidekick has a smell that is kind of undescribable. That one is a new thing to me lol. I guess its just the new plastic/rubber smell? :lolsmack:

Maybe due to the other room you have them stored in being too small and the air quality suffers? I would think it depends on the product but it shouldn't smell THAT much. Of all the things that have a distinct smell I have found my new Sidekick has a smell that is kind of undescribable. That one is a new thing to me lol. I guess its just the new plastic/rubber smell? :lolsmack:

I had that sidekick smell too, it kind of just went away, and as it turns out, that room is actually BIGGER. Not to say I didn't smell it in the other room because i did.

The other room is also used to hold tools and other things, when something needs to be done at home , such as a piece of wood needs to be cut, it gets done in that room. Things might change soon though, so maybe i wont have to worry about it. :banana:

was just curious.

Save your red plastic shipping plugs and caps, pull the sprayers out after every use and recap them. Thats the only way you're going to get a 100% seal on the bottles and prevent any kind of smell... that and wiping the bottles off after every use to remove any excess product stuck on the outside.

Ok I got a question along these lines.

Do any of Adams products expire? I've noticed my detail spray (I bought a gallon prolly a year or so ago and I'm still trying to burn through it) is starting to get harder to wipe off, it's like it's "oily".

Thanks

Kody

Ok I got a question along these lines.

Do any of Adams products expire? I've noticed my detail spray (I bought a gallon prolly a year or so ago and I'm still trying to burn through it) is starting to get harder to wipe off, it's like it's "oily".

Thanks

Kody

1. Make sure you shake well before use, especially on older products.

2. Shelf life, typically is around two years, depending on if you stored them at the right temps....40-80* F.

If only someone would do a writeup... some kind of guide that was stickied on this forum... a best practices or FAQ if you will, to help people out with that exact question :jester:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/15978.htm

Ok... see what had happened was... I didn't think about it until I saw this, and I have real bad A.D.D, and if I don't act on solving said problems within a few milliseconds, said problem goes unsolved because I forget about it... and yeah...:lolsmack:

Save your red plastic shipping plugs and caps, pull the sprayers out after every use and recap them. Thats the only way you're going to get a 100% seal on the bottles and prevent any kind of smell... that and wiping the bottles off after every use to remove any excess product stuck on the outside.

This is what I do and the only smell in my walk in closet is due to me...and red beans n rice!:jester: