Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help requested: Deorderizing rubber floor mats

Ryans09G8

Question

Hey all,

How would I go about deoderizing my winter rubber floor mats? I've tried soaking them in a tub of water with some white vinegar and adam's shampoo, then let them set out in the sun for a few hours, to no avail:( They still have a super strong rubber smell.

Any suggestions?

Ryan

10 answers to this question

I actually have a full set of Weathertech on my G8.

These mats in question are on my fiance's car and were a gift from her dad. They are cut to her specific car, but are not made out of the hard plastic like the Weathertech. I was just hoping there was some way to lessen or eliminate the strong, chemical-rubber smell. I'll figure something out.

Thank you for the replies.

Ryan

Thanks Dylan, that's actually what I'm starting to accept; that they won't ever be odorless.

I will definitely let them bake in the sun the next couple of weeks though before it gets time to put them in.

I'll just plan on some healthy dosing of SVRT after their long bake:)

Thanks guys,

Ryan

Hey Carl, pretty much what Mook said is the only successful option I've come across. Good old sunshine on the deck for about 6 weeks before my fiance put them in her car.

She also has the Lloyd's rubber mats, so I know the exact smell that plagues you! On the bright side (no pun intended), the sun really did suck the odor out and now the interior of her car smells completely normal.

Ryan