Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail semi truck interior

G8chick

Question

Anyone else done this? I've never done a semi before.. What do I need to watch out for? Guess its not to bad it's a older guy that we know so I'm only charging $100.. Mostly cuz I've never done one before so I don't know what to expect lol

22 answers to this question

I think he's getting one heck of a deal! Typically with interiors, the bigger and more intricate they get, the more money you can get.

I don't know of too many, "clean" truckers, so good luck with that. Every Semi I've seen at truck stops in my travels the last two years seems utterly filthy.

What to look out for?

Hmmmm...does this guy smoke? do you have enough carpet cleaner and towels to remove stains from the floors and perhaps cloth seats?

Lol ya but I've never done one so I figure charge less then if it turns out like crap( which it shouldn't) it'll only be $100 then I know what they are like for next time! I'm not using Adams products on this ill just take a carpet cleaner foam from work. Id prob use $100 in Adams producs so this is free lol, not sure if he smokes he personally owns this truck tho it's not a company one, they usually keep them pretty good. Unlike the rebel energy truck I was going to clean before they sent it to a diff shop

Ya.. I'm not going in the back at all., he can clean that himself.. Just the front part and that's it! Ya husband asked me at like 7 am he keeps forgetting to ask me. We will see how it looks! I'll def take pics lol I've been asked to clean numerous semis before but didn't have time, this way I can more Adams for myself ? ; also have a truck, car lined up to do sometime soon

I would look at it first, but I honestly would try and get out of it, even if you clean just the cab (front) it's still gonna be a pretty big job and not worth $100.

I can think of much better ways to make $100 lol!

Took some pics from my detail yesterday.. He tried to clean it but the stuff he had wouldnt touch it lol! Him, his wife were very happy with how it turned out. He asked me about what to use on oxidized paint and i recommended adams of course! Let me know what you think!

Before: sorry i shoulda taken more

FDBF65F6-B0E2-414D-BA4A-E425DF494992-1913-000001CD58D08054.jpg

4F4ADE29-A185-45B7-A281-368ADEF705B7-1913-000001CD68F06F0A.jpg

E68D18B9-2105-4FF6-B999-2C3C8BC3C3BB-1913-000001CD4BD15519.jpg

After:

D0E94C3D-1168-4240-884D-CCBB48CD04E0-1913-000001CD5C7F7B9C.jpg

825D9098-64F6-4376-A05C-4A0E2C97E46E-2250-0000021CA77B6E2D.jpg

011CE89F-BA3F-4AC4-812F-144FB51B874E-2250-0000021C950A8AA8.jpg

5594E74D-1CDA-41F8-BB3E-6CC8D1DC690C-1913-000001CD51E94A69.jpg

3030D10F-B5A8-4C3D-8051-16DB73CAAEB0-1913-000001CD557D7533.jpg

I work with truckers, and trust me it's not worth it! They are some of the nastiest human beings on the planet!

If you must, see if you can look at the truck before hand and then go from there on price.

I would take offense to that. I drove over the road for about 6 years when I got out of the Marine Corps. Went to a driving school got my Class A. I Kept my truck clean as can be. There are a lot of Truckers out there that keep their rigs cleaner than most do their cars. Just like with any job or occupation there are those that are not the best at keeping things clean. I got a I.T. guy here at our company and he lives like a rat would. So I think that is a really bad statement, Your opinion, but really in bad taste in my thoughts.

:rockon:

As for the Truck,, hard to clean those once you get grease and grime setting in on them. You can have a driver that takes care of the inside, but when it goes into the company shop, then mechanics get grime all over it. It takes mulitple times at doing them to get them really clean. I did a Volvo 770 few years back. Had a 77 inch walk in sleeper, black interrior. Leather and Vinyl. Took about 5 hours to get it clean. Charged the driver 200.00. Came out really good.

For the outside, I would not do. To much of a pain. Most companies go to the Blue Beacon or as I would say The Streakin Beacon truck wash. End up getting Aluminun Brightner all over the paint. Use a acid base to them. Hard to clean. I use to wash my own truck at my house. Polish my own wheels..

Good job at getting a good overall result. :2thumbs:

I would take offense to that. I drove over the road for about 6 years when I got out of the Marine Corps. Went to a driving school got my Class A. I Kept my truck clean as can be. There are a lot of Truckers out there that keep their rigs cleaner than most do their cars. Just like with any job or occupation there are those that are not the best at keeping things clean. I got a I.T. guy here at our company and he lives like a rat would. So I think that is a really bad statement, Your opinion, but really in bad taste in my thoughts.

:rockon:

I didn't mean all drivers are like that. You're right some really do keep their trucks spotless, but there is also some that don't and it's usually extremely disgusting!

My grandfather was an over the road driver, he drove a Kenworth T-2000. I would detail the interior for him weekly, this was 15 years ago or so, but I would take a bucket of hot water with some cleaner in it and a few rags and would go to town wiping down the dash and doors and all the cabinets in back. Once done with that I would usually bust out the vacuum and some carpet cleaner grandma would buy and clean the carpet. Let it sit for a couple hours to dry back out, and then I would bust out the armorall for the dash and doors, then clean the windows inside and out. Once I got done he would usually give me $30 and a steak dinner. He was always pleased with how it turned out and so was his boss. If I had more time on my hands I would have been doing all the trucks in the fleet, but high school makes it hard to do that kind of thing.

Nice job on it though! I've done exteriors as well, just to wash and wax is an all day event...

Nice work!

Friendly reminder that you cannot have competitor products in pictures.

;)

Mook

I didnt use it!!! lol didnt even notice i just put everything back where he had it to begin with.. my bad.

Thanks! he was really really happen with it, might have another for me to do a buddy of his tho... could use the money since i just spent $1700 on winter tires :help: