Customer Service 866.965.0400

Svrt streaking

Cjbarton

Question

So I out svrt on my rear diffuser, honeycomb grill, and weather stripping. Then of course, it ended up raining the next day and I had some streaking from the weather stripping onto the paint. It was easily removed with some detail spray and microfiber, but what caused this and how can I prevent it?

Thanks CJ

7 answers to this question

How thick did you apply it? A little goes a long way, especially when used on hard, non-porous surfaces like diffusers and grills. After applying next time, you may choose to wipe down the surface with a clean towel to eliminate any spots where you may have applied too much.

basically here is what you do:

1. prep plastics with wipedown of APC

2. apply light coat of SVRT

3. go over with MFT to wipe any extra off

if for some reason it rains hard or you drive through it, it will streak a bit but its easy to clean up. all you do is get a MFT with some DS and wipe the paint/wheels wherever the running is at, which comes off really easy, and just take that same MFT with not spraying anything and wipe the plastics. should look like it was just applied again. if for some reason you feel the need to add more, repeat steps 2 and 3 from up top. if you wanna do all the steps you can too. it really depends on the exact situation you have.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I believe i applied to much product to the block sponge and the rain just kinda washed the excess off and made it streak. But what is weird is it is only the weather stripping on the rear window that did it. The back window doesn't roll down as my car is a hatchback. It almost isn't rubber like the front windows are. Quite odd.

Thanks for the quick replies again and I was still blown away by how well it held up in the rain on the tires and bumpers. After the wipe down it looked like i had just applied it. Great product, but what else should I expect from Adams.:2thumbs:

Thanks C.J.