Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish+Brilliant Glaze+American=Perfection

J.greenroyd

Question

19 answers to this question

Americana will last a little while, but no where near as well as a sealant would.

2 things degrade wax rapidly - high heat and harsh detergents. Your wheels get hot while driving from the transferred heat of the rotors, the road, etc.

A wax like Americana will start to be broken down around 160* and its not unreasonable for your wheels to get that hot on a summer day or after a long drive. Sealants like QS have higher heat resistance (north of 300*) so they hold up to the environment better.

I am guessing on a Blue Hex Grip applicator.

Blue polish, Blue Hex Grip. :thumbsup:

Will using the flex and white pad, revive give any cutting benefits?

Wife's truck had a full correction near 6 months ago. It was 100% perfect expect wet sanding some areas. I can see minor spider scratch marks coming back. I've never use revive.

tap a talka thingy

Revive is more paint cleanser than polish... if you have anything that needs correcting I'd go FMP.

This is what I thought. It's probably not needed but I will hit the revive after some fmp. I have to use it for something, ha ha. That bubblegum smell makes my mouth water.

tap a talka thingy

Americana will last a little while, but no where near as well as a sealant would.

2 things degrade wax rapidly - high heat and harsh detergents. Your wheels get hot while driving from the transferred heat of the rotors, the road, etc.

A wax like Americana will start to be broken down around 160* and its not unreasonable for your wheels to get that hot on a summer day or after a long drive. Sealants like QS have higher heat resistance (north of 300*) so they hold up to the environment better.

So if this is the case, how well does Americana hold up on a dark colored vehicle such as black, in the summertime? Or even in a locale that can get extremely hot in the summer like Arizona for example.