Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener - Problem?

zfuzz

Question

Just received a gallon of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener and not impressed so far. Maybe I am doing something wrong.....

I had some (4) single soft towels that I used to apply some of Adams detailing spray. A couple of the them had some pink residue from the detailing spray where I had sprayed a small amount on the towel to touch up some spots on the car.

Anyways I throw these 4 towels in the wash and being a very small load I put in 1 oz of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener. After the wash and two rinse cycles I was a little shocked to see the pink detail spray was still on the towels.

Thinking that I had simply not used enough of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener I proceeded to wash the next car and again had (4) single softs in the same condition as before and put 2 oz in this time. Again still the pink detail spray was in the towels.

Is the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener that weak? Is the detail spray that strong? Could I be doing something wrong?

Again I am brand new to this product, I have been using the Chemical guys microfiber wash and it has never had a problem removing detail spray or anything else. So hopefully I am just not using the product right.

12 answers to this question

I use this product in a spray bottle and spray my towels down first.. if they are soiled I spray a little extra in that spot and rub it into that section good ..let stand for a few minutes and throw them into the wash. So far my towels come out pretty nice.

BTW ..I use 2 cap fulls to a small load. My average wash is about 6-10 towels.

Anything pink or red will always be a little tougher to remove. Try spot treating it first with the sprayer, or soaking it in hot water and some detergent for a couple hours. I have never had issue with getting the stains out...I also tested this stuff for a LONG time before release...

Mook

I will give the spot treatment method a try. Just seems to me that if it will not take detail spray out under normal washing conditions how the heck is it going to get more pesky stuff like wax, polishes etc out.

I guess it must require a pre-soak in hot water for most things. Not real thrilled with it if that is the case. Maybe the stuff I was using before was too harsh on my towels and I just have not realized it yet. Anyways I will give the pre-soak / spray method a try to at least get me through this gallon.

And just to follow up 2 oz's should be more than enough for a small load right?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Think of I this way. It is still cleaning the towels of the components that make detail spray, detail spray. The exception is the dye that gives it the bubble gum color. That is staying behind. It is removing the lubricants and glossifiers from the towel. Just because the towels aren't snow white anymore doesn't mean they aren't being cleaned.

I didnt use the revitalizer, but i just washed my towels spot treated with all purpose cleaner, then washed with some dreft detergent, and they came out perfect...

Btw... All purpose cleaner will eat tar!... Sorry... I love these products

might sound stupid but did you shake it prior to using it?

No, I did not shake up the Revitalizer, I guess I missed that.

I didnt use the revitalizer, but i just washed my towels spot treated with all purpose cleaner, then washed with some dreft detergent, and they came out perfect...

Btw... All purpose cleaner will eat tar!... Sorry... I love these products

Yes the APC is awesome stuff, love it. That and several other great Adam's products that I now use must have giving me overly high expectations for the Revitalizer. I have not tried another load yet with the spot treatment method hopefully that will yeld better results.

I generally wait until most of my DS towels are dirty and do one large load. About 20 -25 per load. I do not presoak my DS, just 2oz Adams revitalizer and they come out nice and white all grunge, dirt, dye....gone.

I do however presoak my other towels that are used everywhere but paint. They turn out great as well.

I can't imagine why you are having issues.

Are you adjusting the water level down on your washer to compensate for the small load. If not there could be issues with dilution.

Redvenm,

Your experience is exactly what I was expecting. 2 oz big load, no pre-treating everything comes out good. But even with a small load (4 single softs) 2 oz and confirming that the washer was set for a small load I did not get your results.

The water level in the washer, just guessing here, was about 6 inches deep so that looked right for a small load. Maybe it needs more towels added to the mix ???