Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noob, needs help!!

msb7144

Question

Ok, so I got some Adams products and I love them but I have some confusion on what to use and what steps are best. Heres what I have done thus far

1 wash

2 claybar

3 swirl remover

4 fine machine polish

5 ???

Step 5 is where I get lost, do I need the super sealant next then wax or do I stop after step 4? Are the steps after #4 optional or needed? Please help. I hope this is in the correct section.

I also use the PC to apply if that makes a difference.

17 answers to this question

I would consider the sealant a "must". The glaze and wax are just icing. If I had to chose one between glaze and wax I'd go w/ wax.

But all three will give you the best and longest lasting shine possible.

One more question, after the FMP (I usually would wait a day or two so it cures) can I just spray the car with detail spray or waterless wash to get dust off then apply the sealant or will that remove the polish?

The polish should be completely removed BEFORE you apply the sealant. There's nothing that should "cure" in the polish. Most do another 2 bucket wash after polishing, You should just have bare paint after the polish.

You should apply the sealant immediatly after polishing and cleaning the paint.

You'll need to wait at least 12 hours after applying the Machine Super Sealant before adding any glaze or wax. If you use the Quick Sealant you can top it immediatly.

After applying the polish with the PC I obviously wipe it off. I thought the polish had some protection.......wow was I wrong! so after the sealant Im ok unless I want a deeper shine, then I would add the glaze and/or wax?

Yet another question....I just bought some brilliant glaze and the red pad. Is the BG supposed to be watery? All the other products are thick in their consistancy except for this, so I want to make sure it should be this way and do you really use the PC to apply the product even with its thin consistancy?

This is kind of out of the sequence of things to this point but I didnt want to start a new thread. Going into the winter season can I skip the polish? I dont really need that extra shine in the winter so can I do swirl and haze remover then glaze? I just needed some light swirls out and protection for winter. As usual, thanks for the help.

This is kind of out of the sequence of things to this point but I didnt want to start a new thread. Going into the winter season can I skip the polish? I dont really need that extra shine in the winter so can I do swirl and haze remover then glaze? I just needed some light swirls out and protection for winter. As usual, thanks for the help.

You can go without the correction steps if you like. Just do a strip wash (2-3 oz. of APC added to the regular wash solution) and then the MSS.

Don't count on polish to remove old protection. If you do, then you may as well polish twice because your initial polish pass will then be clouded with left behind wax or sealant you didn't remove in the first place.

Strip wash with APC and Car Shampoo, and Clay. Those are the two methods for removing old protection for the whole car. Isolated spots, where you need to treat maybe a little mark on a panel...use IPA.

Mook