Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car washing boots!!

Chase@InsanePaint

Question

Just ordered a pair of Sorel 1964 boots! I don't know about you guys, but all my shoes that would get retired to "detailing duty" wouldn't last longer than a few months. So I decided to step up to something GOOD. Just ordered a pair of these bad boys:

SOREL | Men’s 1964 Premium™ T CVS Boot

Should get em this week, which is perfect, cuz I have a couple good details coming up, too. I'll keep y'all posted. :)

14 answers to this question

I wear my FiveFingers Komodo Sport when I wash, they have just enough of an insulation/padding that when it's hot out and you get them wet your feet stay pretty cool, and if it's chilly out, your body heat will keep them nice and warm when wet.

Interesting topic since I've been looking at footwear options as well for detailing. Seems as soon as any of my old shoes start making their rounds detailing they don't last long at all! I'm going to look into the brands above (some of which I never heard of) but I was pursuing the NorthFace store and saw some of their hiking shoes. More specifically the Gortex ones. They seem to be about the same height as a regular sneaker but waterproof. Might be something for others to consider as well!

Yeah most of my washing comes in the warmer months and I'm usually wearing shorts when I can. I don't like to have a higher cut boot on with shorts since it doesn't feel comfortable and, well, it looks goofy. I already have two pairs of Wolverines from an old job of mine that I wear during the winter months when I'm wearing pants for car washing. I don't like it since they are big and clunky but they keep my feet dry.

Nothing worse than getting soggy feet when washing your car. My washing area isn't that wide and doesn't allow me to stand back a fair bit to avoid all of the water splash that comes back off of the wheels and tires on my rides, especially the Jeep on 35's. Once the water hits those side lugs, it's anyone's guess what direction it will go in. Tried spraying the water in different angles with different spray patterns and needless to say, I found out what doesn't work too well. Haha!