Customer Service 866.965.0400

ghosting or clouding after Machine Polishing

RT Special

Question

I finished a full paint correction on my black chanllenger and used Adam's Machine Sealing product. My next steps would have been 1: Adam's Gloss 2: Amaricana wax. However, in the last 48 hours I bright sunlight I can see some ghosting of the black pad used to apply the Machine Sealent. I may have used to much product or let it dry to long (it was hard to buff off some of the sealent. So what should I do before moving to steps 1 & 2? I think a buffing with detail spray to knock down the ghosts, but not sure at this point. All comments welcome. :xfingers:

6 answers to this question

Did you do a second wipe down after 24 hours from the initial removal? The sealant will tend to haze because of the cure time. It's said to let it sit for 30 minutes, wipe, wait 12-24 hours and to remove any residual hazing that may have occurred during the cure time.

Yes, I did not second wipedown, but once i moved it into direct sunlight i could see the second wipedown did not remove everything. Can I continue to wipedown with detail stray or waterless wash trying to remove the ghosting or will I need to completly stripe the sealent and start again before moving to

Glaze and Amarcana?

Did you do a wipe down after the application about 30 minutes later? This sounds like you might have waited a bit long to remove it and/or used an excessive amount. You only need a thin film of this MSS for it to do the job. It's counter intuitive how much is needed. Especially with this product, use less than you might think.

At this point I would try a DS wipedown after it has been freshly washed. If that doesn't get it off, (i.e if those patterns don't come out) I would think I would just strip it off with a 50/50 mixture of (a 90% IPA and distilled water), and then try again. Mist that 50/50mixture on the surface as you would detail spray, and wipe it off with a microfiber. That should take off anything on the finish.

Since the finish is stripped and ready, you should be able to re apply the MSS quickly and sparingly, wipe it off after 30 minutes of curing, and then 24 hours later, check for any haze (which can be removed with a DS spritz and wipe down).

Me personally, I have never seen any haze later at the 24 hr. point. I always put MSS on my paint after every correction, so I have had a few tries with that stuff. With MSS, thin is the way to go.

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind is probably too heavy on the product, and maybe not allowing it to cure. The issue could be one in the same since the use of too much product would require a longer cure time.

Worst case scenario - you strip the problem panels with a little isopropyl alcohol and reapply.