Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use on running boards

Markeeemark

Question

Quick question maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have running boards on my truck. I picked up some SVRT and tried it on them over the weekend. They looked better than new! The downside they were slippery as heck. I dont want my better half to fall and injure herself. I can get in and out with out the running board. She is a bit shorter and needs them.

Will the Milk version of SVRT cut down on the slip and slide factor and still keep them nice? Or should I try something else? Quick selant, In and Out Spray?

7 answers to this question

Quick question maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have running boards on my truck. I picked up some SVRT and tried it on them over the weekend. They looked better than new! The downside they were slippery as heck. I dont want my better half to fall and injure herself. I can get in and out with out the running board. She is a bit shorter and needs them.

Will the Milk version of SVRT cut down on the slip and slide factor and still keep them nice? Or should I try something else? Quick selant, In and Out Spray?

NOT In and Out Spray! You think SVRT is slick? :lol: Surely NOT Undercarriage Spray either.

Try knocking down the running boards with a microfiber towel after dressing them and see if that thins it out enough to where you aren't causing a hazard for your wife. That should only be after she gets in, sits down, straps in, and holds on. :2thumbs:

If that's still too slick, I would then try the "SVRT Milk".

-Mook

My step bars have black plastic "pads" that I try and only hit the low spots with SVRT. I leave the high spots alone! I'm the only one who uses my truck and I even forget, so I try to be very careful with the SVRT or take it slow to avoid a painful split!!:lol:

i use the MILK in a spray bottle, and even it out with a utility towel. then test it to make sure its not slippery and keeping wiping them down with a dry utility towel until its not. usually get it with the 1st or 2nd wipe down