Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got the Ole Lady a new to us car...

Kenneth

Well I finally convinced her to pick up a car that we will both enjoy and here it is. Its going to need a full correction as it is covered in swirls.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

The last pic i tried to pick up the swirls the best I could with the Iphone lol. The whole car is covered though.

It is a 2008 Subaru STi hatchback. We are the second owners and picked it up with 30k on the ODO.

Awesome! Big Subaru guy myself. Good luck on it and just please make sure to stick to the 3k miles oil change interval. These cars are very picky. Use only synthetic and NOT Mobil 1 Synthetic.

Good luck with her though! Keep the pictures coming of further details :)

Awesome! Big Subaru guy myself. Good luck on it and just please make sure to stick to the 3k miles oil change interval. These cars are very picky. Use only synthetic and NOT Mobil 1 Synthetic.

Good luck with her though! Keep the pictures coming of further details :)

Well the guy we purchased from has supposedly ran Royal Purple since first oil change so that is what we will most likely be sticking with. Here in a month or so its getting a full stage 2 package with 3" turbo back Cobb exhaust, Cobb intake, and a Custom stage 2 dyno tune. It already runs pretty damn strong but I cant wait to get it modded lol. Daily driver for her weekend warrior for me haha.

Well the guy we purchased from has supposedly ran Royal Purple since first oil change so that is what we will most likely be sticking with. Here in a month or so its getting a full stage 2 package with 3" turbo back Cobb exhaust, Cobb intake, and a Custom stage 2 dyno tune. It already runs pretty damn strong but I cant wait to get it modded lol. Daily driver for her weekend warrior for me haha.

Pretty sure Royal Purple is approved among the Subaru people so I don't see any problem with that. Just keep up on the changes like I said. :)

Sounds like a good time though! That should put you around 300whp which is also what i'm at with my '05 Legacy GT (roughly 300whp/340wtq). :2thumbs:

Pretty sure Royal Purple is approved among the Subaru people so I don't see any problem with that. Just keep up on the changes like I said. :)

Sounds like a good time though! That should put you around 300whp which is also what i'm at with my '05 Legacy GT (roughly 300whp/340wtq). :2thumbs:

I can't wait. There are literally ZERO STi's around here so I never get to hear them. Its 's very few and far in between sightings. I love how the Subaru's sound when they have exhaust. Its not ricey at all but a deep rumble. It is funny people have no idea wth it is when they see it.

I have to admit this is my first turbo car much less the first Subaru so it will be a long learning road. Good thing for me is that I have a Cobb Tuning shop like 2 hours from me where I will get everything done.

Awesome little beast!! I'm a little jealous!!

I'm glad I can make you a little jealous :) because that jeep makes me jealous every time I see it.

I have to admit it is fun to drive. She wanted a dang girly crossover again and I knew all I had to do was get her to drive one and she would be hooked. I ALMOST had her convinced to get a sedan but the hatchback is better than the others she wanted. Ill make due lol.

I can't wait. There are literally ZERO STi's around here so I never get to hear them. Its 's very few and far in between sightings. I love how the Subaru's sound when they have exhaust. Its not ricey at all but a deep rumble. It is funny people have no idea wth it is when they see it.

I have to admit this is my first turbo car much less the first Subaru so it will be a long learning road. Good thing for me is that I have a Cobb Tuning shop like 2 hours from me where I will get everything done.

I see you're in TX, so I can totally believe never seeing STI's. Whenever we take vacations to Florida, we NEVER see Subaru's, so I assume they're not around much in the drier states compared to my area. They're just so awesome in the snow. :rockon:

Having guys like Cobb that close is a great advantage for you. Make sure to use them like crazy with any questions. They're a great bunch of guys. Good luck to ya! :)

I have spoke to them several times before I even bought the car to see if it was something I even wanted tiger involved in. Internet stories are scary with subaru's. theu don't seem to answer emails but when you call they will talk until your satisfied lol.

Seems a lot of companies are that way sometimes. Not Adam's of course :).

There is many horror stories that's why I'm warning you on oil type lol. I'd also look into oil pick up tube replacement from KillerB. Best rest easy insurance you can buy for the car. They're known to snap and I've seen engines go at 22k>.

Spend ten minutes on my deck and you will hear one go by. My wife and I can tell the neighborhood Subies apart from their exhaust and blow off valve sounds. I looked at one before the G8 and all she said to me was "vvvrrrrooooommmm psssshhhh." < ----My best approximation of the sound. :lolsmack:

BTW: You can put blow off valves on non-turbo cars, bicycles, etc.:

Edited by sportredmistress